Darius, tootsies cold?

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

I saw you had your first freeze last night. I hope you are settled in with good heat, big pot of soup and books, books, books!

It's cloudy, cool (71) and WINDY here today, so I'm pretending it's winter and catching up on my pile of unread books. Of course, having the doors and windows open kind of spoils the illusion, but you work with what you've got.(grin)
Pati

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Darius is ill. See this thread. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/468827/

Thanks so much for the heads-up. She's very special, and works WAY too hard!
Pati

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Well. I'm back. I was on my way to get 3-4 plants from the lake house that would not survive a hard freeze but got sidetracked to the hospital. Guess they are toast now. Too bad. One was a 6 year-old culinary bay about 4 feet tall, and one was a variegated brug that finally bloomed this year with the most incredible fragrance. The others are easily replaceable.

Can't keep a good woman down for long.

There you are, thank goodness!!!!! I followed you around on the other threads and it was really scarey. It looks like you had good doctors, good advice and hopefully it will be the last scare we all have! Of course it's just like you to worry about those plants. *grin*

I know you have the strength to do the right thing about the smokes. I also know it will be a rocky road, but easy breathing is a great incentive!
Pati

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Good news. The bay was under a porch roof and didn't frost. A house plant next to it did, but minimally. Don't know about the brug because it was upstairs on an open deck, but I'm going to try to cut it off and root it.

Let me tell you I was REALLY IMPRESSED with this tiny hospital, just 25 beds. They are rated a "Critical Access" hospital by Georgia because of the quality of care and the rural area. They don't even have nurses aides, just nurses. The young woman who is my doctor did the most thorough work-up I have had in more than 20 years, and kept adding things as results came back. I doubt many people get that kind of care... and I went in looking like a derelict because I was just going to get plants... hadn't even showered and had on dirty work jeans and shirt.

I'm giving myself 7 days to quit smoking. And, wouldn't you know I had just bought a month's supply of cigarettes last week when my ss check came in, LOL. I wrote dates on the cartons in big magic marker letters so I could pace myself. Natch they won't take them back.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.