sending SASBE

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

this may sound dumb but how do people send these envelopes without paying double postage, if I put them in another envelope they need 2- 37cent stamps, if you put your label, and stamps in the envelope and send it then there is a stamp mark on the envelope even if you peal of the old stamps

kareoke,

When you say, "if I put them in another envelope they need 2- 37cent stamps", do you mean you use 2 on the outer envelope or you use one on the outer and one on the inner envelope?

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

there are two on the inside for sending back, and two on the outside, I tried using one and they come back for extra stamp

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

You will pay "double postage" - to get it to the trader, and to get it back to you. What's often done is that you send a bubble mailer with your return address label and return postage inside. A bubble mailer sent this way (basically empty), will cost $0.49 to get thru the P.O. with no problems. The trader will fill your envelope, slap on the return label and the return postage and send it off.

Lots of folks just reuse the bubble mailers, over and over and over! LOL! The old stamp marks don't matter; some people will mark them out, but that's not really necessary. As long as the stamps sitting on top of all that previous stuff is fresh and un-franked, there's no problem.

Truth is, I've gotten many trades where the stamps were not cancelled at all. That's a real freebie - stamps to reuse!

PV

edited to say: Drat! I am forever cross-posting with someone else! kareoke - don't use two37-cent stamps to send the mailer, unless that's all you have on hand. I used to do that, but now I just get 50-cent stamps from the post office (when they have them!) or a bunch of 6-cent stamps. And ignore the "double postage" comment above.....

This message was edited Nov 14, 2004 1:36 PM

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

thanks i will remember that next time I am at the postoffice

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.