40 packages of 4 Iris on e-bay

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

9.99 first bid plus 17.00-21.00 shipping.I can't afford them but I though someone here might want to bid.Thanks,Jody

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

These are named it is 4 different kinds.

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

I find it interesting that a newbie (rating 2) has made the only 3 bids there are on this package. Guess the person likes to bid against themself.

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Maybe they REALLY wanted to be sure they were the winner! LOL! ;o)

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Kind of odd, isn't it? I don't know about anyone else, but my TB iris all went in back in September. Way too late for me to be thinking about any.

I put a couple in today and have a couple more to do tomorrow....I hope they'll make it.

BTW Brenda, I think you were the one who first mentioned a bulb auger just recently on another thread? Bought one last night at HD. I wasn't planning on it, but DH saw it and asked if I wanted one....how could I turn him down?! And I'm glad I didn't! Wow, took a lot of work out of a very big job!!! Thanks for mentioning it before! :o)

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

Now you need an 18volt cordless drill to go with it. They work well, save for the hard clay and boulders I have in this yard. Definitely better than the bulb "shovel" that bent the 1st time I went to use it.
AUGER ON!

That would be nice....DH has one but it's not working right...batteries won't hold a charge. Had to use his corded drill. Luckily the bed I am digging in isn't too far from the one outside outlet my house has. I also have that hard clay....I just let the auger and the drill do the work and it didn't take long. I think I have been dubbed the crazy lady in the neighborhood now that my neighbors have seen me drilling holes in the ground! One of them walked by and asked if I knew what I was doing. I thought about telling her I was trying to go to China, but I just very politely told her yes. Hmmmm....go figure!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

I got my own cordless Makita 18V the day after I bought my auger....VERY nice. Got it out today to put up some pegboard on a new work bench I was putting together for DH's hobby.

You go Mendy! I'm with George.....Auger On! (I really like that phrase!)

DH's is a Makita 18V also. Maybe I'll get him (me...haha) a new one for Christmas. After all, we still have a lot of grass I can dig up next year! Yes, thanks for the cool phrase George......Auger On!!

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

i guess they didnt read the article in the paper about the sellers that were sued because of bidding up their own items....megga buxs got to be paid back to the buyer....the article was on the front page of yahoo less than a week ago...lol

cindy

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I moved a clump of "Red at Night" to the front row yesterday--needed the back spot for a new peony. Moved them dirt & all, so it's not like going from bare root. Then mulched them well. The slow rain today was good for them.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I think that this auction must have had a reserve price, and everytime that first bidder submitted a bid, it would be accepted, but would also say that the reserve hadn't been met. I think that person was trying to bid until the reserve had been met. However, it appears that they ran out of money before it got to the reserve price.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I noticed a local nursery had some packaged iris left last week. The roots were dry and light. Not worth bothering with. Can people in the South still put iris in?

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

WOW!
Here is the bidding history
slac1010 US $76.00 Nov-14-04 20:49:06 PST
sharisplace US $75.00 Nov-15-04 09:12:39 PST
slac1010 US $70.00 Nov-14-04 20:48:51 PST
slac1010 US $60.00 Nov-14-04 20:45:17 PST
sharisplace US $60.00 Nov-15-04 09:12:16 PST
lakecatherine US $32.56 Nov-14-04 20:37:26 PST
celestialcity04 US $26.00 Nov-12-04 06:29:44 PST
celestialcity04 US $20.00 Nov-10-04 20:04:29 PST
celestialcity04 US $9.99 Nov-10-04 14:28:56 PST

There was no reserve. celstialcity04 just kept kicking in new bids, probably in an attempt to lock in their real maximum bid. lakecatherine used one of my ploys. I never bid an even amount. $23.47 clearly beast a $23.00 bid and often will snatch a thing for just a few pennies more.
slac 1010 won, but may have bid $100 on the 14th, but got it for $1 over sharisplace's last bid. With shipping $97 for 160 Iris or about 60 cents apiece. Good price even if 1/2 are dead.
EBay is so much fun!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.