New to this forum; found something that's working for me!

(Carole) Cleveland, TX(Zone 9a)

I tried doing a search for 'blood type' but didn't find anything that specifically related to the 'Eat Right For Your Type' book/diet(s). But OMG! I have to tell you... I have tried SO many things over the years... and a real sucker for those magazines at the checkout stands claiming to have THE solution to everyone's weight problems! argh!$$

BUT! Two weeks ago a woman mentioned to me that she was a little surprised at the success she'd had eating for her blood type (O). I got curious and bought these wallet size cards at the health food store; one for 'beneficial foods' and one for 'avoid foods' for my blood type (A).

Within a week, I'd not only lost about 5 pounds, but I realized my jeans were finally fitting better. I went to Half Price Books and bought the book. I dunno about you, but I have a stack of jeans... that go from size 10 to size 16! lol (Ok, well, not all that funny really!!) Anyway... I'd been able to lose almost 30 lbs. since January just cutting back, eating mini meals, getting back to drinking LOTS and LOTS of water, working out in the yard, etc. But with all that, I'd only moved from my size 16 to my relaxed fit 14s then to my regular 14s.

After I bought the book, I started getting my DH's attention (not an easy thing to do!)! HE started noticing I was getting smaller. Sunday I put on a pair of size 12s his mom had bought me at Limited TOO! MONDAY I put on the 32" waist Levis 501s I'd not had on my body in more than 5 years!!!! (Today DH used the word 'skinny' to describe how I'm looking!!! whoohoo!!)

So far I've lost 6" in my waist and 4" in my hips, with only 2" to go in my waist and 4" to go in my hips!!!

Just wanted to 'check in' and see if anyone else has had similar results with this eating plan.

BIG hugs,
~ Carole

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!