Perenial Seeds for Privacy Border

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Would love to send SASE for tall perenial seeds. If you don't have any seeds any suggestions would also be helpful. Thanks for the help.

Dont have any seeds but do have a suggestion. How about a trellis with vines to grow over it? If your trying to politely sheild yourselves from your neighbor than that would work and would look great. Thats my newest idea to get some privacy from my next door neighbor. I do have a 6 foot stockade fence but he enjoys sitting up in his boat (in the driveway) and peering over at us while we are in the back yard. If its a large area then perhaps hedges would work. If you dont need something too high then Elephant Ears would work. They can grow pretty high and pretty wide and are Fast growning but need to be taken up in cooler winters which means you start over each summer.
Good Luck
Janice

Saint Helen, MI(Zone 5a)

Send me an e-mail with more details on the sun, soil and such. How tall do you want it to be. I might have something.

Sari

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Great ideas. I've toyed with the idea of a trellis and putting a clematis on it. I was also thinking of joe pye weed or other perenials that are tall enough to fill the area in, it's not very big.

Rachel

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

This may have been a one time happening. but a few years ago, I planted regular tithonia seeds, since they were near the veggie bed they got the benefit of being fed (Watch Us Grow) a product from WI; They grew-not the 4 foot high-the tallest was 9ft 10"--the butterflies loved them; we had beautiful orange flowers and I had to literally chop them down with the axe. The zinnias nearby also got proportionally bigger. How about an orange fence?

Franktown, CO(Zone 5a)

Pampas grass works too. It gets pretty tall and if the boat is always in the same spot....I also screened from the neithbor by putting up some plastic lattice work with a frame and planted sweet autumn clematis. That worked great.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

think about something evergreen. Does trumpet vine stay eveergreen? Some of you long-time gardeners might have a suggestion for an evergreen vine.

Albany, NY(Zone 5a)

Great ideas. Thanks for the help.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

How about Rose of Sharon? Nice flowering perennial shrubs. Should get 5-6' tall or more. I have seeds.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.