Creek is up!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

We've had a lot of rain in the last 24 hours... not sure how much because my gauge runs over after 5 inches. But the creek is up from all the runoff. See how wonderful it looks... and it's just 18 feet from my door and my computer desk overlooks it so it's a constant moving image. (You should hear the sound!)

Thumbnail by darius
Bel Air, MD(Zone 6a)

I love the sound of a running creek. The one Lizh has on the mountain is so soothing. I would like to own some property with a running creek. Shirley

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Is that Mountain Laurel on the far bank? I bet that water is cold enough to ice a watermelon!
Pati

Just noticed your new address. LOL

Hey, I just noticed I have Miami, FL as my address...what happened?

This message was edited Nov 5, 2004 9:13 AM

This message was edited Nov 5, 2004 9:16 AM

Pati, there is rhododendron (which the locals call laurel) on both banks. I'm hoping it blooms next spring/summer.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Rhododendron! Lucky you!

John, around here they think of rhododendrons as weeds (or trash trees), LOL.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

If they only understood.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

OHHH, LOL Those are just the big "weeds". After Darius get settled, I bet she finds lady slippers, and Trilium and so many others.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Did you know that Texas has a native Trilium? Not around here, tho. Its in East Texas.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Didn't know, but I have a CD somewhere here with some wild Texas plant pictures. I know, its coming, Its coming. Sidney

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Mercy...purty. Darius...you gonna take up trout fishing? Wonder if you have any in there!

'Shoe, I'm sure there must be trout in the stream. It may even be stocked in spring.

I need to get upstream before it gets too cold and scope it out. (I haven't beeen up the road more than half a mile yet; no time to investigate so far.) I have a nice small graphite rod and some 3 pound-test line, perfect for trout!

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

It sure is,but it's beautiful.Jody

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Get going, girl!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.