Did anyone see who ran over me with a truck

Knoxville, TN

Well the last two days have been the hardestdays for me
in a while,I awoke yesterday morning to the sound of birds singing outside my window.I started to jump out of bed,
but my body was'nt going anywhere,It hit me like a ton of rocks,remember YOU are disabled and you have to pay a price for planting and weeding.I layed my head and what was left of my neck,lol thank god they fused my neck after 2 neck
surgeries,because the pain i was having ,felt like I had lost my head off my neck last night in my sleeplolBut I have double fusion now and my head will never leave my
neck,it is fused so well that I have to turn around to back if anywhere,You know like that guy eates the pizza with he head turned behind his body.lol

Knoxville, TN

OK I can handle this I will just move very s,not move my body and sneak off this bed! WRONG my body screamed back at me. Do you remember that shovel u had in your hands yesterday,well u did'nt us it to help u walk around,NO I justhdto plant that beautiful flower i got in trade.Oh
and does it look beautiful. This time my body was screaming well you might not get out of this bed to see it for acouple of days.And then I wonder what I was doing to
myself was it really worth the pain I was in and am still in to have a flower garden.and I thouht about it for awhile
and I knew the answer.YES,it is worth it to me,I have felt so useless at times since I became disabled.I felt so bad
so bad about myself that I could no longer work thatI slept
away the last 2 or 3 years of my life.I would wake up to the empty feeling of not belonging anywhere.So YES the
pain I am having now is also a pain of I am omebody who is happier than I have ever been in my life.My garden is becoming so beautiful from others wanting to share something
from there heart. so yes I will dust off my pain and get back up and become a Herblady with her dream

Knoxville, TN

so even tho my body feels like it has been run over by a truck,I still want to plant and grow my flowers and plants and trees and vines,so if u see that truck that run over me ,lol please fill it up with goodies,so if I have to suffer atleast i can suffer in a beautiful garden
luvherblady

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

dear herblady,
LOL, the truck just left here and i was in too much pain to load a dang thing into it. :-) i can relate to your story above. i too have felt that life was not worth it and the garden, since warm weather is when i feel at my best, has allowed me to also feel some pride again in my life.
People are envious of not working. well as we know, that isn't the end all.........when you can't do what you want, and the question i ask myself prior to doing anything is..."is it worth the pain?" thank god gardening is. because no matter how bad i feel, i just need to look outside and know it is worth it. :=)
thanks for a lovely message and a good laugh. debi z

Austin, TX(Zone 8a)

Ah yes, you wake up in the morning and wonder why it's so hard to move. And then you wake up a bit more and remember that it's always hard to move and even harder if you've spent time in the garden the day before. My hubby laughs at me on those days when I have to roll off the bed to land on my hands and knees just so I can stand up - not a cruel laugh, he laughs because it looks funny and I laugh too. Laughing helps.

On the bad days, I make sure that I go out look at my plants. I'm new to gardening and I don't have very many plant yet since it takes me a long time to dig a hole in our sticky black clay so I can backfill with good soil, but every plant that I have represents a victory to me. Oh, I suppose I could ask hubby to dig the hole, but it wouldn't be the same - to know that I worked, really worked hard, to give this this flower or plant a space to grow means something special to me. I think it's important to push your limits just a bit - whether you are disabled or not, that striving to go just a bit farther, to achieve just a bit more, can really make a difference in how you feel about life. For someone who's not disabled it might mean jogging that extra mile. For me, it might mean digging that hole an extra inch deep - the end result is the same.

AnnMarie

Knoxville, TN

Oh yes lol
I truly know how you feel debz lol,if walmart had drove up in my driveway the with a truck load of Free plants lol
i would have been on national NEWS Flash( woman spotted
crawling across driveway,screamingPLEASE COME BACK I AM
MOVING AS FAST AS I CAN) lol And because like your yourselve,have you ever noticed when u dig a hole,put your plant in it and the root is still above ground lolAnd this is when you know that u to dig TWO MORE INCHES oohhh nooooI don't know about other people but, a raised garden to me is when I did'nt get my hole deep enought,lolAnd potting in plants is great ,BUT THE WHOLE GARDEN,have you ever tripped over one on those bad boys and landed on your face,>Well I have and it HURT,lol

Knoxville, TN

hey amari,NO PLANTS,hey we can fix that,you need to give me and deb z your addy we don't want you to not feel the full impact of gardening lol,At least if you are going to crawl
out to your garden,you should have lots of things to look at. And if you have a couple bad days in a row and get some plants in trade,don't worry,lol I think my 4 ft. rose of sharon looks really nice in a pot,who said trees or shrubs have to grow in the ground anyway.lol And have you ever
hobbled to your garden in the morning,with a wonderful cup of coffee and just as u sit down ,the whole cup of coffee dumps into the ground.And you look back to your back door and it seems
it,someone has moved your house 3 blocks away,and just sit there and think,NO WAY , I just won't have my coffee today. luv herblady

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh you guys make something so real sound so funny. I wish i could deal with my pain and my depression from not feeling useful, as well as you are dealing with yours.

Knoxville, TN

Now sandy, you know me lol,who said we are dealing with it??
Just because Amari has to crawl out of bed doesnt mean she is dealing with,she just needs to get to the BATHROOM!!lol
And if she,s is like me she crawls real fast,the only problem
I have incountered was one morning my yellow lab got in my way,here I am on my hands and knees,begging him to let me in the bathroom!And most all sandy AT LEAST YOUR NOT HATEFUL
lol lol luv nana

Austin, TX(Zone 8a)

Sandy, a sense of humor helps, but I sure as heck didn't have a sense of humor when I was depressed. I've had arthritis all my life, but I slipped into a deep depression when I was in my early teens. I was much more disabled by the depression than I ever was by arthritis. I wouldn't get out of bed in the morning, not because I was stiff and sore, but because I simply couldn't motivate myself to do it. That was a lot harder to deal with.

Herblady, thanks for the kind offer of plants. I'll let you know the moment my new "greenhouse" is finished. It's not really a greenhouse, but just a covered patio and it needs a fence to keep the dogs out. My dogs think plastic flower pots are the best dog toy in the world. I don't dare keep plants from the nursery in the back yard while they are awaiting planting. The dogs always dump the plant and then run off with the empty pot - LOL.

AnnMarie

Knoxville, TN

lol,hey I started out with the same greenhouse,you will love it,just let me know when you get ready,Your dogs sound like mine,now sandy has her dogs to even get her a drink out o the frig,lol mine are like yours ,the other day I came in to get the address doe one of my trades and a few minutes later my caren terrier came thru the door sick ,she
spit up something green and low and behold,I looked over in my trade box and she had eaten the blooms of my mini daisies.
I told her she needed to be sick eating up my trades,lo luv herblady

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

Herblady when I go your email that you need my thoughts on the dump truck post I must admit I thought what on earth is shre allking about. So I started looking for it and after reading two lines knew here I am. Yesterday my husband and I worked akk day in the garden harvesting onions, radish seeds, harrowing and replanting by hand. We have a garden tractor for the harrowing but have to plant by hand. And deweeding those peanuts all 6 100ft rows of them is still facing me. I picked squash, yellow and white, and cucmber for pickles well into dart. I had a great day. I only had to take 8 pain pills to do it. lol. Then bedtime came. Oh God how I hate bedtime. I always hurt so much worse when I first lay down. I propped my legs up and took them down. I rolled to the left and then to the right. All the while trying not to bump my hubby who was doing the same thing as me. We look like a bunch of rolling fools. lol. We are both disabled. Him with his back and me with diabetes, arthritis, asthma, hypertension, and irritable bowel syndrome. They tell me to relieve the stress and the bowel syndrome will go away. Right, l0l, tell me how to do that someone and I'd be glad to try it. Anyway back to my story, I got so up set at the pain that I cried half the night and because of getting upset I spent all day with the Irritable bowel syndrome. I wasn't crying because of the pain but because I had to have it in order to have a great day.I have spent my hubby's fathers day between the bed and bathroom and he spent it in bed with his pain so bad he could not get up either. I think both of us being disabled together has helped us both cope with it. He was only 31 when he became disabled ten years ago and I was 40. We have helped each other so much over the years because we understand each others pain. But even doing so it does not stop old man depression from creeping in. Fortunately we seem not to get depressed at the same times so the other one can help the other through it. As for that DARN DUMP TRUCK he is a regular visitor here but we can never seem to catch him to put him out of commission. lol.

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

When I told my hubby about this post he said what dump truck??? I thought it was a full size tractor trailer fully loaded!!!!!!! lol

I too was disabled and in a lot of pain. Had to use an electric cart to get around. But no more! I am on my feet now & normal - almost.
I searched every old health food book until I found PART of my answer.

Here was my salvation from Pain:
1st day: drink one gallon WHOLE milk
Second day: drink 1/2 gallon WHOLE milk
thereafter: drink one quart WHOLE milk daily.

This old book was a Godsend & I bought it for 25 cents from my neighbor's garage sale. It took all my energy & a lot of time just to hobble up her driveway.

I had a box of pills and supplements that must have cost over $500. Nothing worked.

I stopped taking everything when I read that the enzymes and hormones found only in the butterfat of whole milk would CURE SOME pains. Our nerves need these hormones & enzymes to function and reproduce properly.

Within 20 minutes of drinking 1/2 gallon of the whole milk, half my pains were gone! Amazing. It took 6 months for the remaining pain to VERY slowly subside.

I had been drinking only skim and 1% milk for years..Big Mistake..

But I still had no energy..2 years later I discovered the remedy for this. So now I am energetic & don't need a drop of coffee to get me going any more. My memory has returned, my cobwebs cleared out, I have no constipation or depression, no bowel disease or urinary problems anymore, and my hair grew in thicker than it has ever been in my life!

Here is the 10,000 year old Native American Remedy for these conditions:
Eat 1/4 cup RAW pumpkin seeds once a week for life.

I found this remedy in a very old-old Medical book written at the turn of the century by Dr.B.Frank Scholl, MD. "The Library of Health".

I took me 2 weeks to find out where the heck to get RAW pumpkin seeds. The shells have been removed. They are sold at most health food stores.

These 2 things won't cure all that ails you, but it improves the health in a big way, anyway. Any improvement is welcomed by me.
Now if I can just discover how to stop aging so fast!

Sue

Knoxville, TN

It'a so strange you talking about the emzymes because my daughter told us so much about taking them and how much
they help .I starting taking them today,she also informed me they are allnatural and they sell them for 4;00 at a
health food store.I am going to try this first and see how I do.
If it works you will not hear from me on this site anymore
lolol only kidding
herblady

Highland, CA(Zone 9a)

ok,i got a good size pumkin patch going already.
i dont think ill drink all that milk though.thanks for writing.ill let you know.

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

I can't drink all that milk either. My irritable bowel will not tolerate it. But maybe i can find the minerals and enzymes in something else and try it.

Knoxville, TN

I will check with my daughter about the name of the 4.00
one.And the milk sounds great,but I also have to watch drinking milk andI am growing soy beans in my garden,hoping
the minerals will help as far as the seeds go believe it or not I have TMJ proublems and would be up all night with jaw pain,,,hhhunmmm wonder if you can get pumkin juice?? lol
But I am so happy this is working for you.Please let us know if you wnt us to save pumkin seeds for you,
nite nite all
I am taking this tired body to heating pad lol luv nana the heblady

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Hey - I have to applaud anyone drinking milk - dairy farmer here! I've been drinking whole raw milk my entire life and am amazed at the false information and total lack of information that is out there about it. I DON'T recomment raw milk to anyone that hasn't grown up with it, but whole milk is not the demon that this society would have you believe and we are suffering because of it. There have been several studies on the efficacy of whole milk, but they get buried by the naysayers who would have you believe that it is milk, not fast food, fried food, sugar-coated everything and inactivity that is making this county fat. My husband, who comes from a family with a long history of heart problems has a cholestral level of about 167 inspite of the fact that we use whole milk, real butter and eat a lot of beef - exercise and moderation are the secret.

If you have trouble with milk, I am sorry - it is a wonderful beverage, nothing better than a very cold glass on a very hot day.

And pumpkin seeds are a terrific snack - along with almonds and apples both of which have mild anti-inflammatory ingredients.

Knoxville, TN

Hey
Now I love milk ,It's just that i can't drink that much!!LOl
I have dank that much milk in a day and i am sorry to say it did'nt help me so maybe I need to find out what vitiman
I am lacking ??I do eat alot of fruit ,so i think it's protien im lacking.going to try the fresh soy beans.

This message was edited Thursday, Aug 16th 8:19 PM

Knoxville, TN

Thanks ok sis,but can u eat the pumkin seeds???????I am glad they found out thro???
luv nana

This message was edited Thursday, Aug 16th 8:20 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.