Me also. I'm new here.

Valley Village, CA

From a new member, At home I sit down and pot up, I also have all my plants on benches, so I don't need to bend over and lift them for weeding. I don't use a garden scoot, or seat. I have my soil, low in a 30gal. container so I can reach it easly. I don't want to bend over because of a touchy back. I sit on a large metal pot turned upside down. I put my full flat to be worked on, on top of a 5 gal. pot turned up, and I have another on the other side of me to put a fresh flat the newly potted plants in after they are potted. When I weed I sit on the ground so I don't need to bend over as far, if I were seated I would need to bend over more to reach the ground.
I also grow very small plants that are in no larger than a 6" pot, so I can lift it. I keep my soil very light, and put it in the 30gal. pot, bucket by bucket, not all at the same time, and I'm not to proud to ask the kids on the block to lift soil bags out of the car and into my soil pot in the back garden. Norma Lewis

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Welcome, Norma. :) Sounds like you've got a plan!

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Crasulady2 Welcome. I used to do the same thing with my gardening except it was my son hauling the potting soil for me. Then I got a garden scooter and bought earthboxes so that I never had to weed again and things became much easier and enjoyable with far less pain.

Valley Village, CA

What is a garden scooter? I can stand much easier than I can walk. When I stand I use the rubber professional kitchen mats to work on. That seems to help me stand for several hours at a time, it's the bending over that I try to elimenate. I also need to keep my soil up close, it hurts to reach, I use a pebble top dressing, It's up close as well.
I am working with potted succulents, so I also keep my pots in very small in size, when I working I don't think about my health problems and put them behind me. I think the gardening has helped me relax. Norma

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Crasulady2 -- Try www.gardeners.com and you will see the tractor scooter.

Also try www.earthbox.com

This message was edited Nov 2, 2004 6:04 PM

This message was edited Nov 3, 2004 4:26 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.