Anyone have photos of cup & saucer vine seed pods or seeds?

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

I know mine have to be going to seed,they have been flowering all summer. I had some M.G.'s growing with them.Please help me!!! Thanks, Jody

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Jody,
The cobaea Scandens seeds are sort of flat & roundish. Nothing like a MG seed. They are also about the size of a dime.
Here is a pic I found online:
http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL20/573119/1773873/37287589.jpg But mine have always been brown, not yellow like in the picture.
Hope that helps,
Donna

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Donna, Thanks a bunch. I'll keep looking for seeds. Jody

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

JodyC....I have quite a few cup and saucer vines growing around my place...and can detect no seeds anywhere! The petals of the flower look like the seeds that I planted..but...there is nothing to them when they dry. I heard or read somewhere..that these flowers have to be pollinated by bats...to set seed. How true that is..I don't really know...but I do know that I haven't found ANY seed on mine...and I probably have 7-8 separate vines...very healthy...and STILL blooming ...even in our cool weather!

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the info on the bats. I'll have to look that up; sounds interesting. Thanks,Jody

Boulder Creek, CA(Zone 9a)

At least you have flowers. I have a large happy C&S vine in a large pot, lots of growth, never a flower at all! I am in Z9.

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

srkrouse-want some of my cuttings? It will die here soon.
I have bats,maybe they didn't like the flowers.I had one who came to my vapor light every night all summer and ate my bugs.Wish he would have brought more friend with him.LOL.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I found this picture and info on this plant, it is also callec mexican Ivy Vine.
http://www.thecuttinggarden.com/html/DataCard.asp?cat=2&type=halfhardy&Product=112

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Yes but my flower is green.LOL.Thanks,Jody

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.