Campanula 'Elizabeth Oliver' (Campanula cochlearifolia)

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Such a great photo of this beautiful plant.

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Hazel. Too bad it does not still look like that. Has not died yet, though!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Beautiful Susan.....looks like a miniature rose in a way.....love the pastel purple coloring.

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

Yes, it was really delightful when I bought it...maybe with a little luck it will recuperate from the crown rot and I will get it going as a perennial in the landscape.

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

WOW!!!!!!!! I know I'm late but I just stumbled across this pic.

Give it here! Lol.

This message was edited Jan 10, 2005 11:43 PM

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Oh, thats one I don't have. And it is gorgeous. So many petals on each flower.

So lovely.

Maxine

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

Unfortunately, the poor plant never survived the root rot it had. Every smidgeon of it died. I hate that...these chain stores kill more plants through ignorance and neglect...these had been placed in cachepots and then they were kept overwatered I guess. I never did go get my money back, but I should have. Thanks for your comments...I wish I had a good healthy one to share with you!
Susan

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Fess up, Susan. Which chain did you get it from? Maybe we'll all descend on them this Spring asking them for it!! lol Might save a few plants from them in the process.

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm going to look for this plant, I'll be happy to share.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Forestfarm has it.......check the PlantFiles link above at top of thread and then click on "One Vendor has this available for sale" or whatever the link says.

Glad I hadn't sent my Forestfarm order in yet! :-D

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

I like that one very much, I planted it in 2002, lots of green, but no flowers this past Spring, maybe i should move it, Annie

Pocola, OK(Zone 7a)

This plant has given a lot of people fits. It doesn't seem to want to live after you get it home from the store. However, mine is actually still alive. I thought it was about gone, got disgusted with it after I did some research to see what I could do for it and put it on my back steps to die. It never did. Maybe some neglect is what it needed. I finally planted it in my garden thinking it probably wouldn't make it through the winter, mulched it well and would you know that thing is still alive? It's much smaller than it used to be. It's now only about 3 inches across and the growth at the top is only about 1/2 inch long, but it's weathered the cold freezes that we've had so I'm hoping it will come forth in the spring and surprise me.

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

Brenda, I got it at a Walmart Supercenter...they had a whole bunch of them and most of them looked pretty sickly (the new buds were brown) so I carefully selected the healthiest one. It is very rare for me to lose a plant, so I am blaming it on them, LOL.
I will check out the Forest Farms link, too!

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

Forest farm has everything! I just got a printed catalog from them, I swear it's the thickest catalog I've ever received.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Their website has all the photos if you want to see the plants before you order. I ordered 3 of their tubes of this campanula cochlearifolia.

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

I found this at a local nursery.. like an idiot I didn't pay the darn $7 for it but I'm going back to see if they still have it!

Susan, I will let you know how it fairs and see if I can propagate.

This message was edited May 17, 2005 12:22 AM

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

Great, Michelle! Hope the plant is healthy and does well for you.

The 'Lady Margaret' passiflora made a bloom this week and I posted a picture of it. It has about 4 more buds. I will try to get a piece rooted for you. Hopefully soon, so you can enjoy it before winter, LOL.

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

It's okay, I went ahead and bought a plant. I got a special deal on them so I bought ALOT!

They're all planted along (well almost all, I have to finish tomorrow) along an ugly deer fence. That thing is going to be exploding with passionflowers! I'm trying to break out of pots and plant things in the ground. It'll be some job to run around and dig em up again in the fall but it's worth it if they grow better, faster and if they don't need to be water once a day!

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

I hear you loud and clear...I put my amaryllis and other stuff in the ground for the summer, too. It is just too difficult to keep them watered all summer, and they don't look very good anyway in pots. Hope your passion flowers do great.

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

I hope to post a lot of pics!

Well, second season for my Campanula, it has really spread about 10" around, but still no flowers, oh well, Annie

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

Maybe it is just getting a real good root system, Annie. I hope it blooms for you eventually. And of course you must share the pictures when it does!

Oh, you know I will!! Looking for a miracle, LOL, Annie

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

Have you tried a bloom inducing fertilizer?

No I haven't, that's a good idea, thanks Capt! Annie

Indianapolis, IN

hello all___i am new to this site. i purchased the 'rose-like" campanula like the one in toxic's picture from trader joe's a few weeks ago. they do not have anymore and i have been searching for the exact name. it seems that different places to order show different pictures for all of the names and synonyms. i am confused__it doesn't take much...LOL...i am very new to gardening.

the one i bought has tiny blue rose-like blooms__the stems are very fragile and the bottom leafs are rounder and the top leafs are thin. it is low to the ground (or will be when i plant it)

i am in the process of selling my condo and purchased this one and one called 'get me' for the realtor showings instead of buying cut flowers each time. i plan on putting these in the ground when i move to my new place. i have two and i don't like to plant in even numbers.

i have also seen these in white___if anyone knows what the exact name is, please let me know.....and where i might get them now.

thanks

maggie

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

Hi Maggie,
Check out these links for 'Blue Wonder' campanula. I think maybe that is actually what I had instead of Elizabeth Oliver.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4861646
http://www.sunrisegreenhouses.ca/homeandgarden.php

There is really not much information out there!
Good luck finding some and selling your condo.
Toxi

Indianapolis, IN

toxi___thanks for your reply__i agree, i think it is the blue wonder

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.