first frost

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

This morning we had the first frost in our area.Luckily it is 40 degrees in the sunroom on the north side of the house and the brugs seem to be OK.I suppose from now on we can expect more of the same.At least the rain was a bit warmer,for awhile.

San Augustine, TX(Zone 8b)

Ugh, I wish it would cool off here-90's today!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

The morning low here was 70!!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

No frost here yet...although it's come close a time or two.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Way2 if you don't quit braggin on your 70* low while I keep hoping for a 70* high, I'm gonna cry :((
oh mi that looks like a duck doesn't it.

It begins to look like the folks predicting a longer wetter winter may be right. Except as yet we get but dribbles here in the valley of Moab. For the whole month of October it has come in 2/hundreths of an inch dribbles.

The Grand Total for the month is .21inches. So far today it registers as one/hundredth of an inch. We can almost run between the drops.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

We had a light frost about a week ago. None actually here at my new place, and none at the old place but in between, the golf course was frosty white.

Seems to be a bit of reprieve in our lows for the next week or so, only down to the low 40's to mid- 50's in the forecast. (Up here on the mountain, I'm probably 8-10º colder than the general area so I could have frost soon.)

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

I can't remember having impatiens and annual vinca blooming this late before! And it's a good thing, since I haven't had a chance to get my pansies in yet. They say we may get a frost sometime next week- amazing!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Snow in Texas yesterday.

Ithaca, NY(Zone 5b)

We've had two light frosts back in October, but not enough to kill off the hardier flowers - mums, snapdragons, lobelia and a few petunias and strawflowers. Well, this week the wind's starting to blow and as I write this it's 30 degrees and expected to drop 5 more by morning. Guess that's the end of what was left. Snow showers expected on Friday. Here we go into winter brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Yep. I am already looking forward to spring.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.