October 25, 2004

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Well, I had a disappointing beginning to my weekend. My heifers were supposed to be delivered Friday evening. He called way after dark and said his truck broke down, he would deliver them Saturday morning. Again he called and said he couldn't make it. He had gotten his truck fixed , but all the scales were closed. We would have picked them up, but we only have a two horse trailer and we couldn't use his trailer , because we don't have a 5th wheel hitch.

Sunday I went and picked up my Granddaughter for some special Grandma-Granddaugher time. We went and shopped for pumpkins, rode ponies, and in general had a great time. With all the planned activity she enjoyed scooping lady bugs out of the stock tank and playing in the sheets hanging on the clothesline the best.

This is my last week before I go back to work full time. I am feeling great and almost fully recovered.

I weaned calves yesterday. I'm glad the barn is a ways from the house.

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!