Saturday, June 16

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Good morning, all. It's a lovely morning out here in mid-MO. I've already been planting dianthus(perennials I hope)that I brought home from PG weeks ago. Some are in really bad condition in spite of having been potted almost immediately. Just too much rain even tho the pots have good drainage. Oh well.
Hopefully I'll get the last of the veggies planted today. We have tomato plants in raised beds with lots of green tomatoes on them and tomato plants still in cell packs! Also want to put out sweet potatoes, mostly in big pots. Some of the early red & white potatoes are in bloom already. Onions are tryng to bloom too.
I have lots of general cleaning up to do both in the house and outside. I would rather clean a barn than the house.
The parakeets seem to enjoy carrying on conversations with the wild birds every morning. Their cage is directly in front of a window that I leave open all night and into the day until it gets hot. Some days they get to be free in the plant room.
Marsha gosling got squashed by the 6 ducklings yesterday evening while I was at work. Her legs were stretched straight back and she had trouble standing and walking. This morning she seems to be doing much better.
KathyJo, I'm so glad your ewe finally had those lambs. You'll keep the little girl?
I'm glad you've gotten some new blood into your turkeys, KathyJo. All the ones you got from us are Thomas & Abigail's offspring. Thomas & Abigail were full brother/sister. The next generation stands a big risk of deformities or weaknesses that will lead to short lives if they even hatch. That's why we got Elizabeth last year. Then we lost Abigail last summer so we no longer have that concern. However I don't think Elizabeth is going to raise any poults this year.
The little guinea keets are so much more tame and calm than ones raised by natural mothers or even previous hand raised ones. The Mille Fleur hen who is raising them is very calm and easy going and they have picked up her disposition. Hopefully they will remain calmer when they are no longer in her care.
Well, folks, it's time to go and get more work done today. Have a fabulous day and 'count your many blessings, see what GOD has done'. Remember, 'It Is No Secret What GOD Can Do'.
EvaMae

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!