greenhouse lighting???

Siloam Springs, AR

building a new greenhouse and need info on lighting. what is the best and cheapest way to go? i know those don't go together but in this case they have to :)
any help would be great. GH is 12x15
thanks
--
nadi

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

it depends on how bright you want it. i use my grow light if i have to be in there after dark. the light bulb is in one of those clip lights with the tin cover. sorry i do not know the formal name lol.

I have electricals plugs running length of gh on both sides. You will be surprised how often you will need to plug something in

Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

I used flor---- 4 ft. shop lights picked them up at lowes for around 8 bucks. I had mine wired in but left a extra coil of wire so I can lower if I need grow lights. Have to add longer chainsfor that purpose.Works pretty good and cheap.

Siloam Springs, AR

thanks for all the info

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Mine is a shed type, attached to the garage. On that wall, I use 4ft shop lights. I also recently started using the 'survival blanket' found in the camping section of Walmart as a reflector.

Thumbnail by LindaSC
Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

makes a big difference. I'm about ready to move the plants in. I bought new tubes for the lights and will use the old ones in the potting shed.

Thumbnail by LindaSC

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.