October 20, 2004

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Good Morning.

Leaflady, Hope Jack is feeling ok. If I were at my regular job I would check on you guys. But still if you need anything let me know.

Kathleen, Ouch. Kidney stones. All I can say is, "ouch." I haven't had one myself, but I hear they don't feel so good.

Ruth, Sounds like you have some work cut out for you dressing all those ducks and geese. I got some free roosters. I don't need 4 roosters , especially with no hens. Think I'll make homemade noodles this weekend... You can tell these poor roosters were kept in tight confinement together. They have a large barn to run around in now and they all stay right together. Which reminds me... If any of you guys ever call my home and Someone answers, "Hen house, Rooster speakin' " That would be my Husband who thinks it's absolutely hilarious to answer the phone silly. He's pretty silly.

About those fabulous heifers. I had planned on them coming on Friday. Hubby who is a lot more organized than me , reminded me that I had a seminar to go to on Friday and I also planned to get my heifers delivered on Friday. Which means my time at home and just farming is about over. Back to work I go on November first. Farming will be done before and after dark this time of year. The guy that is selling the heifers to me is going to give me lessons on artificial insemination. That should be cool , especially since I got my "new" squeeze chute.

A guy from the Water Company is coming out this morning to meet with me. They need to tear up the edge of the corn field to lay a water line. Now the road and bridge people need to use the same area to build a new bridge next Spring. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. It's all interesting.

Smile...
Kathyjo

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!