Just Say "NO"

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

If I happen to reply to a thread and say I want to trade or SASE, just tell me "NO". I am so tempted but if I get just one more plant I think I will be certifiable!!! Oops they can only put you away if you are apt to do bodily harm to yourself or another person.. doesn't that mean I can OD on plants, just so long as it's not Mary Jane, for those of you who are old enough to remember????

lol lol lol I'm sorry, I'm only Lusting In My Heart, Not Inhaling!!!

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

LOL

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

if your my age it meant shoes till the sixty's .".I never have inhaled in my life "

Pocola, OK(Zone 7a)

ROFLOL Judy, you are hilarious!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Well, gosh...I've written and whited out and rewritten...and whited out again.

Suffice it to say that to me Mary Janes are the cute little black shiny shoes with straps on them. Inhale shoes? Pray tell!

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Judy, How could anyone possibly tell you no? They just wouldn't have the heart... :)) ... and I do not know a thing about mary jane shoes or inhaling them...but I had a friend one time who knew someone named mary jane... she liked gardening, too...

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

...you're killing me here...! Too funny!

Flat Rock, NC(Zone 7b)

LOLOL! We're ALL nuts here...

central Arkansas, AR(Zone 7b)

Well, my name IS Mary Jane--I DO love gardening--and I'm SO enjoying this thread! The shoes I can relate to, but I was way past my 'wild' stage when the other came along---that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! LOL
Mary

Not old enough to rememberrrrrrr.......but
Mary Jane Shoes.........is that what they call it these days...........lol lol lol

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I'm old enough to remember, but anyone who was there CAN'T remember...!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

lol, lol, lol

Judy

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Pssst... I've got some Mary Janes for you... size 6

San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

Ha! Too funny, Judy and Mary. I know what you mean though, Judy. My family keeps hinting that the living room and dining room are off limits this year to 400 or so seedlings of various annuals and perennials I have started these last few years. You see, I am late to gardening and must make up for lost time!

Speaking of MJ, a really neat family heirloom picture is of my great grandmother with this 6' bush behind her which later the city came to remove. Oh my!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

OMG, OMG Too funny!!!!

Ripley, MS

Sent you an e-mail Judy, If you need help with your plants maybe I can help
Sandra

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Heeeeyyyy Judy,,,,, psstt - check out my trade list.

Come on, you know you need something! Just one more plant, it won't hurt you I promise! One more and then you can stop, just one more little plant..

Hee hee!
Nicole

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

The "pushers" are after me!!! LOL

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey, I follow directions too! LOLOL

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

NC - I thought you were going to be a good little junkie and not lead others astray!

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

oopps - guess you got me! I just mailed off my last 'ship to' trade today so I am scoping out for more!!! The guys at the POffice wouldn't know what to do if they didn't see me at least once a week! Hence gotta stir it up a bit!! LOL Judy you can always send me your rejects! LOL!

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

LOL, I don't remember a thing I don't want to!!!!
Of course you want more plants, remember once an addict, always an addict*****especially such a wonderfull one, don't you have just one little corner left???????

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

If I got any more plants, I would have to hang gro lights under my bed!!!

Please tell me "NO"!!!!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

NO Judy NO!!!!
Now with that out of the way, how about a nice brug seedling, or a few seeds....tiny cute seeds.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Oh NO!!!! Seeds are my weakness!!!! You can stash those anywhere!!!

I'm tryin' hard to be strong!!!!

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Ummm, Judy, who are you trying to convince? Us, or you?
LOL.....

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

MsJen,

The "pushers" are after me and I feel myself growing weak.

I'm having to fight myself to keep from posting "I want It" to every offer!!! I find myself wanting to shout things like "throw seeds at me" .... "those boxes are MINE" .... but if you see those words from me, please just tell me "NO!!", shout it at me good and strong.

.....Let's see, I bet I could tape "rikerbear's" seed packets behind picture frames........ (lol lol, lol lol)

This message was edited Oct 20, 2004 5:19 PM

Golden, CO(Zone 5b)

I tried to tempt her. Tiny little seeds, and she is resisting. Come on guys, we can't let her start a precedent? No one is allowed any will power here, it would be bad for morale!

Do you have Bells of Ireland, and Amaranthus, and penstemons? You aren't bad off til you start planting the neighbors yard next door! At night so they don't catch you!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

....neighbor's yard, I never thought of that, but the old goat would eat it!!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Is the 'old goat' your neighbor or your neighbor's pet?

Getting a laugh here. But you mean to tell me you can't get little shiny patent leather strap shoes? What do little girls wear to dress up without their Mary Janes?

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Edited because it wasn't posting like I typed it.

This message was edited Oct 20, 2004 10:41 PM

San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

Judy, I'm with Terre: "You aren't bad off til you start planting the neighbors yard next door! " that's me except it's DM's and DSIL's gardens that I also use the seeds for. Also, something else I read years ago ~ edit, edit, edit! This way there's always room for more!

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

I divide and give away - that makes my perennials smaller - SO more room for more!!!!!

Denver Metro Area, CO(Zone 5a)

Don't let these pushers trouble you, Judy. Your weakness is a secret safe with me (yet another addict among friends;)

Oh, BTW...I'm dividing my new "Z" plant (just bought it yesterday)--you interested in a trade??? (Translation: Hey, little girl, wanna piece of candy?)
Thanks for the much-needed chuckle!
Diane

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Diane - too funny!!!

crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Judy you had better get to a Plants Anonymous meeting fast!! Rule #1 ..Always call your sponser before you do anything stupid!! Not after!

Tina

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Lol lol lol

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Hey Judy...I've got the answer! In my house there are several containers FULL of Philodendron, I'd be happy to share with you. LOL (I hear the person that I got them from "blows" something into the zipper bags...and ALL the plants see "pretty colors," get the 'munchies', and grow roots instantly! ROTFLOL) I have your addy...:-D

~julie~

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

ROFLOL

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

"You aren't bad off til you start planting the neighbors yard next door! "

My nearest neighbor is about a mile away, so I have a LONG way to go before I get there.... lol...

Those of you who may feel the urge to plant in your neighbors yard are welcome to come and plant at my place anytime... absolutely no planting fees at all.. no hidden storage costs... what a deal, huh?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.