snowflakes

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

saturdays HIGH 48!!!!! yuck!!!
Snowflakes forecast for sunday morning!!!!double yuck!!

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Winter wonderland already?? Is it early or about the norm? We don't even have any fall color here yet, and it was 91 here today. ;-D Janet

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

tis the season They say it wont amount to much and the sun will melt it but its just aaround the corner!

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

notmartha, Our high was 47 today. And the wind....I didn't set up at the farmers' market because I thought for sure I would be visiting Mary Poppins! That S word is a no no....I don't want to see snow. Janet, we are into fall foliage, with very little of it. Our rainy summer and very dry late summer/fall took the majority of it :( 91? Geepers. Hard to believe, so close yet so far. Happy Day all, hope you enjoyed it...no matter what your weather. :) Kathy

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

We had snowflakes falling from the sky on Friday afternoon, but they melted off right away thank goodness. We about froze our butts off at the football game that night, then Saturday morning the rabbit's water dish was frozen solid. Snow forcast for here Sunday also, and it's cloudy and 36 degrees now, so I don't doubt it at all.

Tis the season is right. I worked all day trying to get things buttoned up for winter, but I still need another day or two or three.

Auburn Hills, MI(Zone 6a)

that is not right !! eeeeeeeeeeeek no snow !!! its pouring rain out down here,, but I can remember snow on Halloween once or twice,,, its still only 38 out,,, burrrrrrr its cold !!!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Ground is white here today. Not alot, but just enough to make it white.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

we are just getting rain and strong winds!

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Rain and snow here with a merry gale behind it all. My fingers are blue and Stan started the wood furnace - what would I do without him???????????

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

cacolos, your remarks reminded me...

The year I was 14 and living in Wichita, KS. My mother was waitressing so I took my 6 year old half-sister out to Trick-or-Treat for Halloween. We had about 2-3" of snow and fierce winds. Never wanted to do that again!

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Gee! It was 82 degrees today with a balmy breeze. Wish I could send some your way! Better yet, come on down!

Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

I've lived in the New Orleans area all of my life (NOT a world-class traveler here), and can barely imagine it being cold in other areas right now. Temperatures here will reach almost 90 degrees this week, and we probably won't see any significant coolness until perhaps January or February.

Tplant, you know what I'm talking about.

I know, from listening to friends living up north, that snow can be a real pain, but just once before I die, I would love to see REAL snow and see what the "change of seasons" really looks like.

Until then, I content myself with reading others' postings about their snow-covered houses and being warm and cozy inside. With all the wacky weather this year, who knows? We might have a white Christmas yet!

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Misty Meadows. . .where is Payneville?. . .I lived in Mt. Sterling for a few years in a former life. . .LOL and my oldest son was born while I lived there. It was beautiful country. . .so green compared to living out here where it starts getting green after the winter rains start and lasts only until the heat starts setting in in May or so. But, it was bitter cold compared to what I was used to out West (native Arizonian) and lived in San Joaquin Valley of CA most of my life where it's maybe 28-30 Degrees in the winter at lowest, unless we have an unusual cold snap. . . LOL

Sorry to hear about such early snow for alot of you. . .puts a serious damper on gardening. . ;-( Janet

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Janet, Payneville is about 40 miles west (as the crow flies) of Louisville, although it takes a good hour to get there. Our county seat is Brandenburg, Meade County and we are right on the Ohio River, across the river from Mauckport/Corydon, Indiana. We are about 35 minutes from Ft. Knox, another 35 - 40 from Elizabethtown. I have heard of Mt. Sterling, but not really sure where it is. My son lives in Lexington, KY. Snow is good, it kills what ails you and gives us diehard farmers a chance to settle down a bit. :)

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

MistyMeadows. . .Mt. Sterling is on I-64, E. of Lexington probably about 40 miles or so. It is the county seat of Montgomery County. It's between Winchester and Morehead. We used to drive to West Virginia, to Huntington for the day . . .as it wasn't but an hour or so away. Really pretty country there too...

90 degrees whats that ??? I miss 80 !!! I miss 70 !! I miss the sunshine !! see winters here , the sun is not out all the time and that bites !! I love the snow for Christmas but that is it !!

its still only 46 right now,, burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

89 here!

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

jc, I know exactly where you are now. We, of course, take 64 to Louisville from Corydon, Indiana....but when we first rolled into town some 18 years ago, we came by way of Huntington, WV. Actually stayed my first night at a motel (I remember up on a hill on 64 in Morehead. I woke up early in the morning and went outside to walk the dog, just in time to see a woman hit our truck and try to take off. I daringly jumped in front of her truck (with my Irish Setter, Buddy) and put my hand up. She stopped! :) yes, I know right where you lived....:) Beautiful country, this Kentucky....Happy Day, K

send the heat back this way !! or we can always send the cold south !! lol

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

I don't mind the cold, but this dang rain! It has been pouring buckets all night and all day. My roof has sprung two leaks now and I will need a boat to get down my driveway soon. And all the rain has put a hole in the top of our greenhouse (from the weight of the water) and has destroyed yet another EZ UP tent of ours! I'm almost losing count, what is this 6 of them this year? It's been an expensive weather year this time around.

We have had Tstorms and Ltning all day long.

here is reminder for all those that dont get snow,,,

Thumbnail by cacolos
Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Oh my. I am originally from Massachusetts, Berkshire County where it snows quite a bit....I don't miss that business! When was that picture taken? Makes me cold just looking at it.

last winter,, I think around Christmas

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

phew....i was thinking you might've said yesterday....:)

heck no !! if it was yesterday I woud be freakin out !! way to soon !!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.