My New Water Container

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Here are the pictures of my new Water container, I made this last week for the water plants.

Thumbnail by gumlla

Thumbnail by gumlla

Thumbnail by gumlla

Thumbnail by gumlla

Thumbnail by gumlla

Thumbnail by gumlla
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

gumlla - some people have such talent. it looks great. who is that beauty in the picture?

Pocola, OK(Zone 7a)

OH, he is PRECIOUS! What a happy looking baby!

Oh yeah, the water container is pretty cool too, Kaleem. Show us what it looks like after you fill it with plants. But don't forget to add the little guy to the pic.
Sherri

He is my son, eight month old, I received few seeds of Lotus and pickerel rush , I soaked the seeds and now these are germinated soon I will transfer in this container and will post new pictures.

What a brilliant idea! Please, what did you use for the mortar mix? Cement?

I use Cement, sand and crush, In neighbour a house is under construction, then gave me these material.
I already have chicken mesh in my old yard. I used all material and result is infront of you.

Thumbnail by gumlla

Here are few new pictures of my water plant container.

Thumbnail by gumlla
Pocola, OK(Zone 7a)

Wow, that is a really nice setup. Looks great, Kaleem.
Sherri

Thank you .

Thumbnail by gumlla
Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Oh, Gumlla - everything is so gorgeous - you are a very talented man!

And how are your kittens? Mine started eating dry food on Monday (at 4 weeks). I guess we will be introducing the litter box soon!

You have a very handsome family! You are blessed!

San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

Gumlla, your son is beautiful. Looks like he has an interest in gardening already! Very nice container you made. I really like the end result.

~Angela

Sequee
Wich type of dry food you started? Because I also want to start dry food but confused.

Angela
Thank you very much.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I got them ProPlan Kitten and Purina One Kitten and they love then both. You definitely want to get them kitten food, though, so it's small enough for them to crunch on. They are so cute - I have a double feeder and when I went into the kitchen this morning all of the food was on the floor and 2 of the kittens were curled up insode the food bowls!

Here pet foods are not available, very few peoples have pets, so please tell me what can I give them, which is easily available in the market here?
You are ejoying with your kitties, mine are very naughty now they want to sit on my hands and feet, playing all the day with each other, some time they also want to play with me, but I dont have much time to live all the day with them.
Your kittens are also want to play with you, are you playing with them?

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I don't know if the kitties will be visible in this photo or not - they were all curled up with Mom when I woke them - and they are dark kitties on a dark carpet. They are getting very active and are into everything. Yesterday they decided to help me crochet - yarn everywhere! Very fun to play with - they love to try to untie my shoes!

About food? Have you tried the pet forum? I'm thinking maybe a high protien cereal might work, but I'm sure they'll have lots of advice over there - they're already in love with your kitties!

Thumbnail by Sequee
Matthews, MO

your kitties are adorable..I love kittens and cats...I have 3...recently I rescued one screaming in a hedge down the street ..it was a newborn...can you imagine? I put out a aluminum "bread roll" pan , about 1/2" deep and put a half cup of litter and would you believe he started right then and there an d used it...Leetle pea sized poo....they are so smart about keeping clean.... I hope you are not too late!!!! I just saw this thread...deeann also You have a gift as a craftsman.....there is such gratification in making anything from "scratch" as we say here in these parts.

delphinium46
I am become animal lover and my kitties are very naughty now, they play with each other and with my also, always come behind me.
Now can eat every thing but want to take milk with feeder dont like saucer or pot.
You are very nice, who care your kitties, do you have pictures of your kitties. What is the color?

(Zone 7a)

Very Nice thread! I love your ideas Kaleem, and you have many skills. Ohhhhh did someone mention kitties?? I have 6 cats now. I adopted a brother and sister at 8 weeks old. I had him fixed at six months. I didn't do his sister yet. On her first birthday she went outside and stayed for 2 days. We have 6 cats now. So you know the story! LOL. We just couldn't give the four babies away. Now we have 6 cats in the house....4 litter boxes, 6 food bowls, and a huge Vet bill. LOL

Kim you are lucky you have six beautiful cats, do you have pictures of your cats?
I made this container for water plants but seeds of my water lotus are still in the bowl because winters are started and these will die out side.

Thumbnail by gumlla
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Hi Kaleem, that's a cool one. How did you shape it?

Nice son. And who is the older lady in the background there - your MIL, I presume! ....keeping a close vigil???

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Thanks for sharing your photos...you are very talented.

Dinu
I used metalic water tub for the shape, here is a picture of that tub, She is my mother and my son, as you know he is always with me.

debcooper53
Thank you, you can also make this one, it is very easy.

Sorry here is the picture of that metalic tub.

Thumbnail by gumlla
Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

What a shock!!! I wasn't really looking at the thumbnails. Just clicking on them as you were making the pot. All of a sudden there is this darling little baby there. Beautiful!!

Your pictures are really very good and interesting. Also your pot is pretty cool too.

Thanks for sharing.

Jeanette

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Kaleem, how long does the pot need to cure after it is constructed? Could one person move it from place to place (what is the weight before filling with water)?

Jeanette
Thank you for the comments.

Yuska
Need two weeks for drying and single person cannot move this container. Me and my DW, both moved this container. Weight may be near to 80 kg!!!!!!!!! I think.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.