October 13, 2004

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

We are beginning to feel as tho winter isn't too far away. We actually lit the LP stove in the living room this evening because in the mornings it feels like a walk-in cooler in the house. It can be cooler in here sometimes than outside. Stagnate air is one extreme or the other.

I worked at the cafe' for just a few hours this afternoon. They have done some big changes in the kitchen over there. A new 3 basin sink is fabulous but way too low. The sinks are HUGE! I know raising them to the proper working height will also make reaching the backs of them somewhat more difficult too. There are always trade offs.

My friends who are staying with us while searching for a home here could sure use some prayers. So far, she has looked at about 6-8 houses. Most that are very nice are way too expensive for them and the ones they can afford are with slum lords. She may have to take one of them just to get down here and then look for something else. I know she is so frazzled from this stress she is almost beside herself. We go look at another one in the morning that may be acceptable. I certainly hope so.

GOD bless and keep all of you.

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!