Zone Alert problem, I think

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

When I went on line tonight, I noticed my zone alert icon on the bottom line had changed to a red square with a yellow X in the middle. I went in on all the problems listed in the "Help" part, but no where did they mention an X down on the bottom. Meantime, while I was poking different things, something kept coming up on my screen, saying "Time Out" something was taking too long. so I decide to ignore all of that and go onto Daves Garden. "Time Out" came on again. Every site I tried to access, it would come up and I could not get on anything. I finally out of desperation went into Programs and was able to unload the Zone Alarm. I really would like it back or is there something similar I can use in place of it? Or, what did I do wrong when that X came up in the first place????

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!