look at the pods on this merrima

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Gonna have seeds to trade!!!! She is one of the few vines that survived Ivan with no damage.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

This is what the bloom looks like.

Thumbnail by rylaff
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I would be interested in a trade (not that I have much) at the appropriate time. This is a lovely vine. I love plants with "eyes". This vine is just calling my name. regards.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I would love some seeds, only thing I have is Purple Datura seeds

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Will let yall know when the seeds are ready.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Rylaff, did you lose a lot of plants during Ivan? I bet the folks here on this forum and on the tropical forum would share to help you get back what you lost.
That's a nice vine. I had never heard of it before.
I will learn to pay attention to which forum I'm on one of these days, lol.(that's why I edited)

This message was edited Oct 10, 2004 9:18 AM

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I misspelled it. It is Merremia dissecta. Commonly known as alamo vine. It was on a north facing fence, so it was protected. I had a fair amount of damage to my garden, but my house is okay. All my neighbors sustained roof damage, but my roof is fine. I am living in a neighborhood of blue roof tarps! My garden is a mess, but I guess I am lucky. My brugs, bananas, and flowers were devastated. I will just replant next year!!! Who knows, alot of it may grow back.

thanks for the clarification. I was looking for merrima and couldn't fine anything. However I was quite happy lusting after it, correct name or not.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i am interested in seeds too if any left over. i have some Datura seeds ( tantula and white ones)

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Seed pods are not quite ready, but there are quite a few. I will post when they are ready.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

rylaff, do you ever see merremia aurea? It is similar to your white but with a big yellow bloom.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

That one is pretty, I looked it up. I dont have that one growing.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

The pods are ripening one by one. Interesting pods.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Angleton, TX(Zone 9a)

These are very interesting seed pods. I would be happy to help you replace plants that you lost. Just let me know.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Just beautiful foliage!

I have brugs to share if you need them as fillers rylaff!

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Thank you very much. I have done a lot of trading with the seeds I collected beofre the storm and have quite a few to plant next year. Amazingly enough, once I dug through the debris and found my brugs, I staked them up (they were on the ground under the pile), and they have come back to life. In fact several of them are blooming.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

rylaff that is good news, I was reading about Brugs the other night and it said Brugs were very forgiving in that they can take a lot of punnishment and still reward you with blooms. The more I read the more I love them

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Kareoke..re: brugs...you will find that the more you GROW them..the more you will hate them..LOL

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

earthling i can't imagine that. YET

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I have 4 trades available of this vine.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

If you need anything that I can help you with for your garden, don't hesitate to write.

Shirley

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

You are sweet Shirley. Interesting to note, while Ivan took so much away, we have had an extremely mild winter thus far. Some things managed to recover some. I will have to replant most of my flowers but everyone was very generous in their trades and I will be fine.

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi,Any seeds left of this vine? I would love to try a few.All I can trade you though is baggies for seeds or a annual poppy.Thanks

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Jannich , you have mail!

rylaff is it too early to winter sow these seeds? Do you plant on pots or directly in ground? thanks

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I started mine inside last year, so I am not sure.

that's what I meant: starting them indoors. When did you do it? and about how long before you put them out? thanks

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I remember starting them in January. I put em out as soon as the weather got warm enough.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/15014/
I have been growing it from seed got from a trade. I must tell you that it is a pretty tough plant, lovely shaped leaves and attractive seed pods. The flowers open in the afternoon and last till evening. I do not water it at all! It survives.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.