M.G. I.D.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

I received these seeds from a trade with a lady from China. Can anyone tell me what they are?
I also had some blooms that were a deep purple in the same batch of seeds. They do not have a lighter colored throat.

Patricia

Thumbnail by jerodsmom
Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Here is the purple one.

Thumbnail by jerodsmom
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Pretty. The flowers look small, are they? When I first glanced at the pic I thought they were 4 O'Clocks. LOL

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Yes they are a little smaller in size than like blue Star or scarlet O'Hara and the colors are very vivid.

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

They're Ipomoea nil, just by looking at the leaves and vine...I can't give you an actual name, but the purple one looks almost like a picotee, and the pink one looks more like type species. I love the colors...they glow! Do the leaves actually look that pale of a green?

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi Patricia, the first pink one looks just like mine: Ip. nil - Candy Pink, haven't figured out the purple one yet LOL
~ Laurrie
ps - here is my Candy Pink for comparison

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Yes that does look like the pink one. I was going to add that the purple one has a little bit of white edging on it.

Queen Bee, I think the leaves look pale because the bright light was shining on them. Thanks for the name.

Patricia

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.