emails that won't open

Eatonton, GA

Hi, I'm new to this forum and still learning the basics of computer use. My problem is this: When I receive emails that have a black&white icon on the subject or attach line, the p.c. won't open it. When I try to open it, it is sent to my "u-lead photo explorer" where a blank screen appears and then that annoying "send/don't send" message appears, and no matter which choice is checked, it sends it back to "Outlook Express" without opening it. Any mail that either has no icon or has a colored icon on the attach line will open readily. If an email is blocked by "Norton" it usually states that a virus was detected. This has been going on since day one if I remember correctly. There are one or two correspondents whose mail, I've never been able to open because of this situation. And recently, at least once a day, when I try to open "outlook Express," there is a message that it can't be opened because of some connection not materializing. Rebooting cures that at least for the day. Please help. lol' Perry

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!