Caesar' Brother Siberian Iris for postage!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Subscribers only. Details below.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Hey, just dug a big clump out yesterday to make room for the Asiatic Lilies I ordered from Alice's co-op. These are the DEEPEST purple and about 3 1/2 foot tall. Easy to grow in sun or part shade. No special care.

I figure I can give away 8 nice clumps for postage costs. I can ship tommorrow if you number off here in the post & email me your request.

Easy enough?

Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

Please can I be no. 1?
Natasha

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Hi Wanda,

How generous of you! .. I would like a clump...

BTW, check the thread for the MO Ru. It is scheduled for June 4, 2005 at the Lamb Shelter in Columbia, MO.

Starr

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Wanda,
I'd love a clump please, emailed ya.
Thanks,
Vicki

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

#4 That's what I am.... my address is in address exchange. Please see other emails I just sent to you without knowing about this offer. Will be glad to trade if you want but I don't have very many of these "Old Guys" so one of two is all I would be able to send.

This message was edited Oct 4, 2004 11:59 AM

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

May I be number 5? I'll email ya. Thanks!

Edited to say: I emailed you!

This message was edited Oct 4, 2004 4:12 PM

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

#6 And you have E-mail. Thanks for your kindness.

Okay, got ya all. Thr Siberians are dug & will be shipped tommorrow. return Postage is all I ask. Got your addresses.

Still 2 more Siberian clumps if anyone wants any....

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I'd love a clump. Thanks so much for your generosity.

Okay--all gone! Pins , I'll get yours mailed tommorrow.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Wanda. Can't wait to plant it.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Wanda yours came in today. Nice and fresh and already planted. The cards you included and made your self from Wanda's gardens are very nice. You did a great job Wanda.

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Wanda,

Just got mine in the mail! Thank you soooo much for the wonderful cards you sent with them....they are beautiful! I will get the postage in the mail later today.

Thanks again,

Mendy

Brandon, MS(Zone 8a)

Mine arrived too, what a nice surprise to find the wonderful daylily cards inside, too. My postage to you is in the mailbox waiting for the mailman tomorrow morning. Thankyou so much!
Natasha

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Wanda,

Mine are already comfy in their new home. Thank you so much for the lovely cards! Your postage is on it's way.

Blessings,

Starr

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Wanda,
I got my package today. Thanks so much!! Can't wait to see these next year! Postage will go in the mail tomorrow.
Vicki

All I ask is that you enjoy them in your garden and share some day with others.

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Hey Wanda - since your pic above was so pretty, I bought 3 more kinds of Sibs at Waysides 80% off sale last weekend. Steve, King of Kings and Butter & Sugar, so now I'll have 4. The TB Irises I ordered last month were pretty decent, so hopefully these will be too!!

Vicki

The Siberians are easy and add different texture plus height to your garden. I have just 5 colors so far.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I got mine today. What a great surprise to come home to. Thanks so much, Wanda. My mom was here and I showed her the great cards that you included. She was so impressed! I'll send out your postage tomorrow.

Glad they got there okay. The cards are just my way to enjoy my blooms all year round and share my garden with others.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Wanda,

Here is a picture of the Iris you sent to me. Thank you so very much for your kindness.

Judy

Thumbnail by judycooksey
Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Mine aren't blooming yet, but there's plenty of time.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Oh, they are so pretty. Wanda ( or anybody), will you have any more for postage? I wish I had seen this last fall.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Mary, I got some from Wanda last fall and I will be more than happy to share as soon as they start to multiply. Please keep in touch and remind me. Maybe by this fall they will be ready to divide, but they are just getting started now. I am not sure how fast they will grow, but I am very glad to share.... Starr

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Thank you! You are very generous. I bought some seeds but they didn't sprout.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

I can get them to sprout, but I seem to kill everything I start once it gets to the seedling stage.... I don't know why... it starts off going great and then poof... it gives up... I will check tomorrow on that Ceasars Brother and see what I have and email ya back..... Are you into iris? I have some other iris that I would share as well... hugs, Starr

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

fsr333 - Grandmother trick, sprinkle the seedlings with cinnamon to fight damp-off fungus.

Judy

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Judy, thanks so much! I will try that tomorrow. Our Grandmother's were a clever lot, don't you think? I sure miss mine... Starr

ps You are doing some stellar things with your "Peanut" website... what a doll he is and what a great influence for children. My grandchildren love your site.... and love to read about his exploits... Best of Luck to you on your ventures with Peanut. Your Bullys are just splendid. s

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Am I into iris?? Welllllll, not seriously but I would like to have more types and colors. Most of what I have don't have names, some were here when we bought the place, others came from friend's yards, etc. and one from an abandoned homestead. I bought a few but most of them are so new they haven't bloomed yet.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Mary if you are still looking, I have some Caesars Brother I can share with ya!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

MaryE - I only have that one clump of these but I have some old ones that I'm going to get around to moving soon, if you have some you want to trade.

There is a picture

Thumbnail by judycooksey
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Wow, you guys are generous! I would be interested in your offer Sue, and also Judy's. Last fall I divided the most overgrown of mine and replanted some, gave lots away so I am not sure what I have to trade until they bloom and I get pictures. I do have some others that are getting kind of crowded so will be dividing some of those this fall. I'm sure both of your growing seasons are quite a bit ahead of mine. Sue, when would you be dividing the Caesar's Brother?

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Mary , you have an e-mail. :)

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Wanda, today the Caesaer's Brother that you gave me at the KY RU is blooming. Thanks
Teresa

Linden, TN

At the risk of getting my fingers slapped... I just wanted to mention that I will be digging out a couple of clumps of Caesars Brother this fall... and offering them for postage only.... I have waaaaaaaaaaay too many of them......(started with just 3 some years ago), and also some Stella D'Oro Daylilies as well... for postage...

Carolyn

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Ohhhhh, I would love the Stella D'Oro Daylilies for postage... Will you put me on your list???

Judy

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Wanda the ones you gave me are doing great. I need some more come fall.
I love the Stella D'Oro Daylilies. They are the first ones blooming in the spring and the last ones to stop blooming in the fall.

Hi everyone--taking amoment away from work & making costumes/selling tickets/baking & selling cookies at the school Musical. whwew! Luckily, the weather is cold & rainy so being away from my garden is not as painful as it could be.

Mary, I have plenty of Siberian Iris if you or others need them. I'm glad they are blooming well for everyone. I started with one clump 14 years ago and gave away piles of them last fall to accomodate my new lilies . The Siberians are healthy & the neighbor's rabbits LOVE to eat my new lilies!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.