Phantom Thumbnails

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

This doesn't seem to be based from any real problem but is a nuisance and annoyance.

I was going through some of my photos looking for a specific the other day and found this: (Okay, after trying to link it and trying to download it, DG won't load it because it's not in gif, jpg or png format.) So just took a picture of the screen. This thumbnail has 67KB shown in properties.

The name under it was Zbthumbnail.info This ends up being an empty file and I find them frequently in the files scattered throughout The My Pictures folders. I have run virus scans on these and find nothing. My virus program is updating constantly and total computer scans come up with no virus'

I have gone through the entire pictures folder and deleted all these thumbnails in the past and they are back now.

Does anyone know why they pop up there and how to make it quit that?

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!