What do you think . . .

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6a)

########################### THE ROUND ROBIN IS CLOSED #############################

. . . about a Fall/Winter round robin? To make sure we all don't go completely without mail (and completely crazy) for the next few months I thought it might be fun to do a "Favorite Things" round robin, where each person would mail to the next person on the list one of their favorite things, garden related or not. For instance I might send a small version of my pecan pie (they're really heavy!), or See's chocolates (I'm fixated with food at the moment) or maybe even a lavender sachet, homemade potpourri, or a small daylily watercolor.

What do you all think? If this is something that sounds like fun, then I'll make a list of everyone who wants to do it and then get it going.

This message was edited Oct 14, 2004 2:09 PM

This message was edited Oct 14, 2004 2:10 PM

This message was edited Oct 14, 2004 2:10 PM

This message was edited Oct 14, 2004 2:11 PM

Thumbnail by clairelise
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

.........must bow out..............sorry ladies........................

This message was edited Oct 7, 2004 2:14 PM

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

I'd be interested, But, How does a round robin work? I have been done secret swaps where different names are exchanged and your given a name to mail your item to, but I've never done a Round Robin.

For a round robin, the person starting makes a list of the names and addresses of those participating. The list is packaged along with a gift and sent to the first person on the list. That person crosses their name off the list, takes the gift for themselves and then sends the list and a different gift to the next person on the list, and so on. The last person to receive their gift is the person who started the round robin.

I would post the list here in the order everyone would be mailed to, and keep track of when each person received their package. Then everyone could watch the progress of the round robin, and see when they could expect their package. Iris, are you still game?

Anyone else interested??

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Me! This has been a year of many 'firsts', so I'd love to add this to the list. Count me in! Mary

Yeah, we have 3 so far! Well, I guess I count too, so 4!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Gee, Claire, I hope I get to send to you so I can send something really weird....

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

I'm in too! :)

Oops! Got too excited, Iris! NOW I can say 4!

LOL Moby! And if you were sending to me chances are I wouldn't think it was weird!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

LOL clairellse, Falls coming, I think we are all getting a little anxcious and ancy! LOL! (sp)

Yep! :)

Anyone else??

One thing I forgot to mention is I thought it would be fun to do a "Favorite Things" round robin so that we could get to know the person who sends to us a little better. Aside from what we "see" of each other on DG, we would get to see a bit of who our gifter is based on what they send us. Any more takers? Or, would it be more interesting if we did a secret trade instead of a round robin??

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm Game!Count me in!!!!

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

IM UP FOR IT IM ALREADY IN WITHDRAWALhaven;t had a box or paddy of seeds in mail box in two days .i growled at poor mail man Set the rules in stone tablets or somthing so we can print it and not mess up .
tazzy =patty

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Hmmmmmm......so ANYTHING goes??? Is there a dollar limit?

I think I'd be up for joining in but not sure at all what I would send to someone. I'd have to have some time to think on it a bit.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Clairelise I'd be glad to do this round robin thingy... never have done anything like it... sounds like fun... I can think of several favorite things - that 'might' be considered wierd. I usually am considered eccentric by kindly speaking folk --

Well I should hope so, I've been working at it for years. ~Blooms

(Zone 5b)

Count me in - I can think of a few of my favorite things :)

LOL Blooms! I'm glad you're working on your eccentricity--it definitely makes a more interesting person!

Well, I'm glad you all are game!! I'll let people sign up here on this thread until Saturday 10/9. Then on Sunday I will email to each of you the rules and a list with everyone's name and address on it. A paper copy of the rules and names and addresses will be sent from person to person, but just in case it gets lost I want everyone to have this on their computer.

Between now and next Saturday 10/9, I need each of you to send me an email through DG. In the heading put Round Robin, then in the body of the message include your real name, address, and email address. I will be using your email address to send you the complete rules and names/addresses.

As for the gifts, just about anything goes, so long as it is something you enjoy and is not explosive. LOL

I hesistate to set a dollar limit because I don't want people to think in terms of money. But, at the same time I don't want anyone to spend a lot of money on an extravagant gift either. So, I guess I do need to set a dollar limit for those generous people who might go overboard! LOL Does $10 sound like a reasonable amount? Please tell me!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

$10 sounds fine to me though I myself won't be sending a gift in terms of money but in terms of something that I myself am into. I'll be e-mailing my info to you let me know if you get it ok?, Thank's ( And Thank's for starting this, Im sure it will be fun!) ~Iris

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I'm with you, Iris. I was thinking more along the lines of treasures and trinkets! :)

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

This sounds like fun. I love receiving gift boxes in the mail. More details please.
Teresa in KY

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

I'm in, it sounds like fun! Sending you an email with my info now.

Vicki

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Hey, sounds like fun to me! I love surprises and I know just what I'm going to share! I have something wonderfully fattening to send....

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

As I do eightty percent of my shopping at yard sales and the other twenty percent in second hand stores $10 sounds fine. LOL My house is full of my favorite things, many in multiple numbers. I'll be able to choose something.... easily.... trouble is which something will give away the least or the most about me - as it will be one of my favorite thngs.

Nothing fattening from me, I don't cook, if it doesn't 'wave in three minutes it's not on the menu. teeheehee. Just as a hint here's one corner of my living room.
Edited to add - yes, those are Dorothy's shoes at the bottom edge of the picture.

This message was edited Oct 3, 2004 10:21 AM

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView

Teresa, what details would you like to know?

Blooms, your living room reminds me of the children's I Spy books. So many fun things to look at all over the place! My grandmother's house was like that. Children and adults loved visiting her and finding new things every visit!

blooms your house looks like mine when people ask what kinda theme I have my house in I reply early garaage sale.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Tazzy got it right **giggling** here
I think I slipped from eclectic to eccentric somewhere in there.

im in space i think

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

count me in. i never did anything like this. sounds like fun. belinda

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Oh heck... I wasnt gonna play but if Langbr, Moby, and Wanda are in ..I'll come too. I know just what I would send Langbr "brown gold" :0 :0 :) LMBO.
charlotte

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

OH!! Charlotte that would be delightful!!!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Hey, if we can't have some fun, what good are we?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Oh goody, Charlotte! More playmates!!

Ooh, brown gold!? Hmm, refering back to my "rules" which state, "...just about anything goes, so long as it is something you enjoy and is not explosive." Well, Charlotte obviously enjoys her goat's brown gold, and I don't think the stuff is explosive, so . . . I'm looking forward to seeing if Charlotte will be the one sending to Brenda. LOL

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

OK guys, I REALLY wouldnt send it to anyone.

Though it would make a nice present if I could send a large bag :)

charlotte

Santa Clara, CA(Zone 9a)

Sounds like a lot of fun, I'm in. I will send you my info.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Charlotte, be sure to label it so somebody doesn't think it's chocolate.
teeheehee

Or raisins!

When my daughter was 18 months old we had a "raisin" incident. I'm glad she doesn't remember it, . . . or the blood curdling screams from all the adults. LOL

No, we know you wouldn't really send anyone any brown gold, Charlotte. But some of us might wish you would! LOL

I got your info Kathy. Glad to see people are still willing to join in even with all our potty talk. :)

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

ok i will give try if i understand what we are to do... blessings all...

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

hey, this isnt potty talk, it is serious : soil ammendment, natural fertilizer....stuff !

But I will find something more appropriate to share. Hmm... plants..garden stuff..hobby stuff..fav food...
:)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.