Thunbergia alata 'lutea'

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

The lutea is my favorite of the 'alata' colors.
...that was, of course, until 'African sunset' came out...
-seedpicker_TX

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

seedpicker how long have you had? I grew some in spring 2003 from seed and the blooms that summer were just fabulous. Died back, came back in 2004 strong and healthy but w/ less flowers. I'm wondering why this would happen. Your plant is gorgeous, I'll have to try a hanging basket. I have mine growing up my doghouse. I have a beautiful photo of my dog Kramer in the house, with his head sticking out. The thunbergia growing up along house sort of frames his beautiful labrador face. Wish I had the patience to scan regular pix and post here.

Me, too!
Sounds really cute!
Why don't you do that?????
Share with us! lol,...

ps-mine bloom best in spring and fall. I guess they don't like the heat
-seedpicker_TX

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

seedpicker will you have some seeds to trade later on, I would love some seeds of this, let me know, I can trade the red moonflower vine, or a ton of other seeds for them,

kathy_ann

They only set seeds in the Fall, so I'll go out and see if I can spot any. I'll keep an eye out for the seeds, as I want to save some of those for next year, anyway.

Maybe you can save me some sword beans. I really am still frustrated about the weedwhacker guy ruinig mine just before they bloomed...

-seedpicker_TX

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'd be frustrated too, I have blooms all up and down the vine, no flowers yet, gonna bloom late, but I'll sure save you some seed if it seeds out, keeping fingers crossed

kathy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.