Grasping the concept

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hi all..... I just wanted to share a little story with you ..about my little grandaughter.
Ashley is 5 yrs. old...and loves growing things. Today, while at my house, she found the flower/seedpod of an angelwing begonia on the floor. She picked it up and asked , "What is it, grandma?" I told her it was the seedpod of that begonia plant...and I tore it open to show her the unripe seeds. I then told her..when these seeds get ripe, you plant them and they make new begonia plants.
Well...you could see the recognition in her eyes as they lighted up!
She replied, "Ohhh, and so then you get a plant...and it makes more seeds...and they get ripe and you plant them...and they make more plants! And it just goes on and on and on!!"
Now...I'm not a teacher...or trained in physcology...nor am I bragging here...(well...maybe just a little!)...but I thought that was very good for a 5 yr. old to grasp....especially since I hadn't explained it any further than I did.
Anyway..that is my story...and I'm sticking to it!!
And here is the star of this story! (And her little brother, Dawson.)

Thumbnail by Marcy_1
This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!