What a surprise to see

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

The flowers still open by 10:00am,which is a first time ever,there usually closed up by sunrise.
It seems to be flowering every 4 weeks now,also a first time,to be flowering on a regular bases.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

So pretty Tropicman! Do they smell good?

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Wow...really pretty Don. Hope it continues for you!

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

It must really like the environment you've provided for it!
Good job!
Mine just sulks, and grows slowly...

Is yours in the ground, or in a pot?
-seedpicker_TX

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

Well Tropic.. NICE flowers there... nice to have them reblooming.. what happens in the winter there with them... I move mine in in the winter.. and find winter blooming continueing.. I'm into this cycle of blooming for awhile now... this was last night and we've a 1/2 dozen more awaiting.... Years ago when I started with them and they were young and the blooming slow..it would never fail that I'd go off on vacation and come back to the wilted blooms.. It was years before I saw my first one open..
Gordon

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Awesome, Don! What a treat for you! I can't wait for mine to bloom:-)

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Thats wonderful!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks gang,and yes Cala,very fragrant,this must be the 9th or 10th bloom since spring,but the numbers of flowers are getting fewer also.
Gordon,I hope it continues as well during the winter,but they might just need a rest.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Is it in the ground, or in a pot?
-seedpicker_TX

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

HI SP
Mine is in a pot.. as I grow them in my rooftop garden here... It's in a pot along with my bleeding heart vine/ virgins bower .... t. virginallis. everyone does beter with a friend... this picture is the other side of the pot from the other photo I posted...
Gordon

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Wow! I never could get a bleeding heart vine to bloom that much!
Seed,I have it in a container,actually a 17 quart plastic trash can,I wanted something tall to help hold the trellis up,for it is so heavy to pick up now

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

...Well thanks tropic man.. I'll take that as a complement.. I guess they enjoy the competition..but my tremendeous flowering might be from soaking the sheadded cat hair in the water before watering.. OH just kidding.. I'm not totally organic
Gordon

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh gosh! Gordon, that is beautiful!!!!

Needville, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful!!!!!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Oh wow, Gordon! That is so beautiful! I don't know this vine???

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well Gordon that cat hair is high in protein and nitogen,which helps build bodys in 12 ways,OH! Thats wonder bread!!!LOL

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well... I bet you're right, Don!! Cat hair is probably good!! For the plants I mean...lol.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.