Orange Jassmine,in all it's glory.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Its fragrance fills the air,over my entire deck,mmmm!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Wow, Don, I'm so jealous. I have four of these plants, and they have never bloomed for me.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh gosh! I bet its just an amazing smell! It looks great!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

oh oh that's not good news Clare! I'm rooting one right now and if your having trouble Imma sunk! :S

Lovely plants Tropicman......please, oh please, give us your secrets!!

BTW if I don't get a reply would it be a problem to hold on to LM until I can cross the border next summer? Or I might be able track down an American relative or Snowbird neighbor that could take it off your hands sooner than when we can cross over.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I've been experimenting,with it like a bouganvilla,letting it go almost completely dry then giving it just enough water to keep it from wilting,then a little more water the next day,In doing this I have noticed the roots coming to the top of the soil line,I was afraid this would happen like in as my bouganvillas,but it produces blooms!
Sure lilypon,no problem.

Thanks, Don. I'll give that a try and see if it works. I have three in one container and one in a container all by itself. I made the mistake of pruning off several canes down to one or two canes per bush, but I probably just delayed flowering by doing that.

LOL, Lilypon! I'm sure you'll have better luck that I am having with this plant:-)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I bought this plant in a 2 inch container,to many years back to remember,almost lost it to scale once,and spidermites another time,but only really started blooming this much the last 3 years,after it past the 4ft tall mark,each year the blooms are more prolific,its in a gallon pot,very much rootbound,I believe its time to pot up a couple sizes,hope that doesn't affect its blooming cycles.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Don how do you deal with scale? Thank you for the info....... now Clare and I will have to try.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I love it!!!

Oh, my plants are under four feet so maybe mine need to grow a little bit more. Thanks for the info, Don. That gives me hope.

Yes, Lilypon, we need to try this one because everyone says the fragrance is wonderful!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

LP, The oil base products works on the scale,for a long time I was mixing dishsoap and vegetable oil,with a little alcohol with water,spraying weekly,for several weeks,every week before I did this,I'd spray a strong stream of water to remove the ones that were sick or dead,to discover any new ones that might be left,let me say scale and mealy bugs are some of the toughest bugs to finally get rid of.
Clare in your climate it won't be long,before the buds appear!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Thanks again Tropicman!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I've seen these on ebay, they say their bonsai? is that so, they grow really slowly, I've been wanting to bid on one, but haven't because I wanted it to grow faster LOL. you have always got the most beautiful pictures of plants tropicman.

kathy_ann

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks LIL.and Kathy,
Right now there not looking so good,cutting everything back half way,and repotyting to bring in for winter.

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9b)

Sorry to butt in but I have fruit on my Blue Bouqet, T-man do you get these? I think it was Lavender Lady Or Blue Horizon pollen(from the bees)

Thumbnail by RichSwanner

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.