My Coleus cuttings gave me strength...

Sarasota, FL(Zone 9b)

Julie...another weekend, another near miss hurricane. Jeanne came way too close and we had 45-50 sustained winds and 75 MPH gusts. Once again, we were spared a direct hit, but it was plenty strong for me. Today I took down my storm shutters that I could reach. They had been up for over 3 weeks and I was so sick of being in the dark that they were coming down for awhile even if another storm was on Jeannes's heels! I have several that are roll downs and although they go down easily, cranking them up is a good workout! I had moved my coleus cuttings in there as I rolled up a shutter last week...moved them from the kitchen so they could get some light. There I was, standing on my deck, boats going by, cranking the shutter. I was pooped by this time. The cranking got slower and slower, so I told myself, "Do it for Julie's cuttings, do it for Julie's cuttings." And lo and behold they are up and the poor little cuttings will get a full day of light tomorrow!

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Sending sun and dry weather for you and the wonderful cuttings....what a year for you folks.....:(

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Bless you gardener's heart!!!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Dale,
I'm wishing beautiful sunshine your way!
Terrie

Sarasota, FL(Zone 9b)

What a wonderful place this is...thanks so much!

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Dale,

Julie's cuttings are always well worth the effort, specially those Inky Fingers, my favorite.

We're gonna miss Lisa as she rolls on up to England, and let's hope for some peace for the rest of hurricane season.

Molly
:^)))

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Dale has gone to meet her Heavenly Father

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/474780/

This message was edited Feb 4, 2005 2:05 PM

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Thank you Judy...

~julie~

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.