Silver Lace Vine

Franklin, WI(Zone 5a)

I can never get a pic that does this one justice. Anyone else growing it and your opinions?

Thx

Sandy

Thumbnail by Seedsower
(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

We grow it, and just love it. So much so, that we went and purchased two more this year. I have it growing up some very tall Climbing Queen Elizabeth rose stalks, and up a martin house pole...
-seedpicker_TX

Porterfield, WI(Zone 4b)

Seedsower, I had a nice one growing on the corner of my potting shed that took me about 3 years to get well established, and the darn rabbits took it off at the ground, and it did not come back from the root. I loved it so much, I was lucky enough to get another one in a trade last year. This was it's first summer in it's new home, and has not bloomed yet this year, but has almost filled the space left by the old one. I don't have any reason to believe it won't put on a show next year!

I think I see a sucker or two at the bottom, and if I get a chance I will be practicing propagation!!! I tried cuttings, but had no luck. I will protect this one better from rabbits this year. Last year I launched an all out attack, and trapped an released them, somewhere else, anywhere, not here!!!! They used to live under my potting shed which was a no win situation, now I have that all closed up, wish me luck!! I have a standing order with my DH for 6 new live traps before winter!!! Legit

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Very lovely, Sandy!

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

I started from seed spring of 2003, then planted out and it was wonderful, overwintered well, came back stronger than last year. I love mine, and you are right, photo's cannot ever seem to do them justice!!!

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

another closer shot of the lovely vine.

Thumbnail by OhioBreezy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.