Hurricane Jeanne survivors please check in here asap!!!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

She has made landfall at the exact same place as Frances! Its deja vu all over again.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

watching local TV this morning and so far KOW (Knock on wood) there have not been any tornadoes spawned yet. These are not like plains tornadoes that boogie for miles. These are like "pop" tornadoes.
They are saying that the Frances pruned out most of the weak, and now there is not as much.
Francis just moseied across and drove rain at an angle for days. This helped topple huge trees. We have had beautiful weather since. I had about 8-10 inches during Frances. Ms J is down to a catagory 1.
Blessings to all.

Surry, VA(Zone 7b)

The morning news said about 2 million people were without power. I hope it won't be too long before everyone can check in to let us know they are safe and sound. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

We are waiting. :-|

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

Nothing here yet. Depending on which station I have on we may or may not get anything.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

hoping and prayer here for everyone!

Interlachen, FL

I am running on generator power since 1pm today. Lots of nastyness, but nothing really scary yet here in North central Florida.

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Hope all is well with Pati and others in it's path. I know Floridian is at the KYRU and i hope they prepared the house before they left as she is near tampa and they are getting it now. My aunt is there and she said flooding is the problem. Aunt in orlando said they did not get it as bad as before.

I was on St George Island for the weekend but left early today to make sure all is ready here incase it decides to mosey up here. Will not be much by then but heck....I want to be home with my puppies!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

What kind of puppies do you have?

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

well, my puppies are close to two years old and both are recent rescues. One is of unknown heritage and is beautiful. The other is CRAZY and a Jack Russell terrier. I think I know why they turned that puppy in! But it was love at first sight for me.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Hey, a Jack Russell. I hear they can run you ragged!

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

They can.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Floridian and her DH left their home near Tampa in good shape, and a son in charge of the animals.

However, they decided to either stay longer at Prizer Point in KY where the KYRU was, or maybe go south until the weather didn't look good enough to tow their camper further.

MollyMc (Ft. Lauderdale) was thinking of leaving the KYRU and heading to Alabama to ride out the storm with a friend, and I just decided to come home ahead of the storm. What's another few feet of flooding in the mountains anyway?

This message was edited Sep 26, 2004 9:12 PM

Darius, hoping this one keeps losing strength. Lights are gone but phone line still up. Patti and those around her took the brunt of this one. I wish I had been in Ky with ya'll. Its also weeding out some of those mobie bungalos that have just outlived their durability. This way, even without insurance they get relief from FEMA. The clean-up from this one shouldn't be so hard. Many havent repaired from the first, so it'll just have to be done once. Keeping faith.

Sugar, I won't particularly mind the loss of those "those outdated mobile bungalos" as long as the people in them don't lose lives. I have a friend here who's parents still live in one FEMA gave them after a tornado here many years ago and it sems well built.

One problem is for those with insurance... the companies want the deductible for EACH storm even if they didn't approve the repairs from the first one which ultimately compounded the damage(s) from subsequent storms.

I need to find Pati's numbers and call her. Might be premature to get through, though.

Darius Oh I'm definately concerned for the lives of these people and their having a home. I'm just glad we are getting billions to help people rebuild, or so I thought. I think they were ordering more of the fema trailers for people displaced from the first 3. I dont really understand how these things work the way they do.
A good T-shirt for us this year would be I Survived: then a list of from Bonnie on with boxes beside each for the wearer to check. I would check Charley, Francis, and Jeanne.
I do so hope you can get through to Patti. I know she's about THROUGH with these storms. The last winds are whipping thru Jax. Power came back on Northside at the same time it came on in Arlington. My yard is not near as bad as after Francis. I think ms J is scheduled to go east of you. I would hope no more mudslides!
I know you are anxious to move. You could probably charm some young men to help you. Will you still be In Back Of Beyond? Let us know about Patti and send our hugs.

Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

Just checking in, if anybody's still watching. Still have power so far, but haven't been able to get online til now. Getting a lot of rain and wind, but not bad. I think we're gonna be okay here, unless things get worse. It does seem to be moving on northward now. I sure hope everyone's okay in the rest of Jeanne's path.

Hugs!

Fort Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10b)

we made it through unscathed. This post seems pretty quiet - considering there seems to be many in her path. I hope all others are well and just delayed because of loss of power.

best wishes.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Thanks for checking in! We wait for more. You are right squeaky this thread is pretty quiet. It could be a while before everyone has electricity again.

I could not get a signal on my cell last night so I haven't reached Pati. I'll try again today.

Cannot get any response from Pati... could be the lack of towers here, or where she is.... or inbetween which is where Jeanne is now.

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

We made it and surprisingly, no damage. God was with us again. I'm worried about Pati. This was a mean one.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Glad folks are beginning to check in already. Don't expect Pati's area to get power back in a hurry... good her son is there, she's not alone.
Can't hardly believe it smacked right in the same place as Francis.

Looks like Daytona Beach may have lost its shores. And Vero Beach lost what didn't go in the first one. oooh Wow.

Tplant, you were way south of Stuart, what was it like down there? Glad you have no damage. You too, Squeaky.
Have another beautiful day in Paradise guys. ~Blooms

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

We wait.

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

We had heavy gusts of wind with little rain. We remained in the southern end of the hurricane that was amazingly weak.

I have a brother near Melbourne and 2 in Jacksonville. Plus a sister in Kissimmee who's house was already trashed from Charley and Frances. Haven't been able to contact any of them.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Darius is she near the lake? Showed some flooding on WC earlier.

Lake? I dunno... but she's been living in a motel since Charley. FEMA says her house is unliveable.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Here's NOAA 's shot of where Jeanne is right now at four Fla time. Looks like the Panhandle folk will only have to deal with offshore winds [that's land to sea, right?] old salt that i;m not

Well that didn't work, My computor and Dave's computor got into a death's hold handshake trying to copy way too many pixels - I finally got out of it and here's the site to go see it:

edit: Well I had to go get it again http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2004/images/jeanne092704-1245z.jpg

This message was edited Sep 27, 2004 2:07 PM

Talked to my sister today (Winterhaven, Polk County) and asked how she was doing. She said she is hot, tired, sweaty, and smelly. They have turned off their water so even with a generator, there is no water to heat. Things are messy and a few shingles off the roof, etc. She said the alochol in the wipes she has to use has broken her hands out. Dear niece (Jupiter Palm Beach County) is on her way home from evacuation to Jupiter. No electric and didn't lose any roof tiles. The National Guard is in Jupiter as it was hit very hard, no electric, etc....

Well I cannot say I am a Survivor yet... our rains started a couple hours ago with light rains and now they are increasing. I do not expect the damaging winds and rain we had from Ivan, though. Those winds and heavy rain look to be going slightly east of us so maybe we won't even losr power.

Still have not been able to get a good signal through to Patischell.

8:30 or so pm... still just getting Pati's voice mail.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

:-|

I don't know if you're calling a cell phone or not Darius but I do know that both of my families cell phones are not working. Even the land lines have lots of static.

Calling both cell and land lines. I expect them not to work anytime soon.

2.3 million without power statewide and 29,000 without in Jacksonville. Many big ole oak trees still spliting. One 3 doors down split and half of it fell across the next door neighbors home and today the remaining half fell the other way across the yard it was growing in. The previous owner of the first damaged home had written the tree owner a letter about that tree. He's elderly and if I can find him I'll go get him to see this. He spent many a year on that porch in a recliner. He'll get a hoot out of that!
Me and mine are just fine. Wind put alot of 4-6 foot acorn laden branches in my yard, but nothing like before. We have had power outages, but they were short lived. I am runing a power cord to my next door neighbor. We are very very THANKFUL!
I'm glad I dont live any farther south than right where I am.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

It's noon on the east coast and still no word from Pati.? And none from Gagalinfl [Melba] ? Pati hunkered down and she assumed Melba had evacuated. Still waiting and watching here.

I finally got in touch with Pati. They survived but took a beating. She said she's bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and had water in her house up over her feet. No power now, of course, so also no water.

She says she copes with the heat by getting in the swimming pool with all her clothes on, and then comes and sits in the house, all wet. Said she went to bed last night in a wet nightgown on wet sheets.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Thanks, darius.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

oh golly water to her ankles and sleeping in wet sheets... sounds like a bad night. Thanks for the update Darius.

Hi everybody, I started an earthquake thread.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.