Last of the Annuals here

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Starting with the Cosmos which are finally blooming - they look more like weird pine trees until they finally flower.

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Then there's this almost black velvet petunia

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

And this neatly watermarked blue one made these patterned flowers all summer long.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Oh, these are just gorgeous. My annuals are in the compost by now. When does your season end in Utah?

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

More 'tunies, and some apple blossom snapdragons.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

We had a dry summer, so it was a great year for petunias in Seward. I just love them, even though our wet summers usually turn them to goo.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

These darling litle Zinnias are my favorite as they do this all summer and don't seem to suffer the ills the larger ones do.

I just looked back and see I forgot to mention - this is daughter Jini's garden, she's gone east for a few weeks and left me in charge of her garden boxes. I do mostly perennials while she does annuals, but I'm the one who got her these daisy looking Zinnias.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Dry summers are the rule here. water goes only where you put it. Petunias in planters in front of the stores here do absolutely amazing color productions.

Usually we have right up til almost Hallowe'en without a hard frost. Here's one more of her planters just full of pink p'tunies

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I start many colors of petunias each spring. I especially love the ones that are fragrant.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.