Getting ready for Spring

The nursery just down the road is going out of business. I picked up some Soil Moist and fertilizer at 50% off on Tuesday and thought I had done really well.

Today they had a sign out front 75% off. So after I went home I went back to the nursery. I picked up a 3 pound jug of Soil Moist-$31.99, 2 different fertilizers $8.68 and 3 little wooden cat pins-$3.75 each. I got to the register and the girl said $3.75 ( she was pretending to add the items on a calculator). I said that can't be right and she said-are you going to argue with me? I said can I get another jug of Soil Moist? This all cost me $4.00 . As I was leaving I saw some potting soil. I asked how much and it was $4.99. So she said $1.00 a bag. I said I would come back and get 10 bags - she said take 12. So the total today was $14.00, full price was $143.83.

This message was edited Sep 24, 2004 7:32 PM

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!