Hello to All, I finally decided to come on over!!!!

Ripley, MS

Hi everybody, i am Sandra, I live in north MS. I am a "Hem Head", but I love all things that bloom. If it does not bloom for me it usually has to find a new home. I spent a lot of time on that "other" site. I will probably know some of you and some I won't. I am anxious to meet all of you. Playing around on the pc is my winter time hobby when I can't get outside. I enjoy plant trading and seed trading also.
Sandra

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Welcome Sandra from California! The people are great & our leader is too. You will wonder why you waited to long to come over. :~)

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Welcome, from Pocahontas, TN about 25 miles north of you right across the stateline, 5 miles east of Middleton,TN, off Hwy 57!!! I believe we traded emails when you were "across the pond"

I'm a newby to gardening therefore please tell me what "Hem Head" is,

There is a KYRU (Kentucky Roundup) this weekend at Kentucky Lake, Prizer Point. You can read all about it on the RoundUp Forum. I'm sure you would be welcome!!! We're going up early Sat morning. - Judy

Mesilla Park, NM

Welcome Sandra,
So happy you are here. This is a great place, You will really enjoy the company here at Dave's and welcome from California again.. Antoinette

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Hi Sandra. Welcome from Iowa. Hope you are finding this site as enjoyable as I do.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Welcome Sandra, looking forward to meeting you soon.
charlotte
SC

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Welcome to DG Sandra, believe me this place will keep you busy this winter. More ideas, facts and friendliness than anyplace on the web... It's a bit like a large neighborhood with folks from all over the world to talk to and get to know.

We even have a Eurpean forum if you left friends behind over there. And how did anyone know you were from there? I find the web a mystery for the most part. ~Blooms

Ripley, MS

Well Judy, a hemhead is a Daylily lover. That is what I really love to collect. I just can't help myself, I have never seen an ugly daylily.

Bloom, I think she was referring to the other Garden Site when she said across the pond. Lots of my friends have left it to come here.
I was born and raised in Mississippi and haven't ever been too far away, always lived here.
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, I know I will enjoy getting to know all of you and renew friendships with some of you.
I have been collecting zinnia seeds today. If anyone needs some just let me know, you can't beat good old fashion zinnia for blooms and to draw the butterflies.
Sandra

Granite City, IL

Hi Sandra, your user name looks very familiar. Don't know if we traded at GW before or not. And you can say GW without getting in trouble here! :o) I am a newly addicted HemHead, I have only been here a few months, love the people!

Welcome

Puddles

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

hello from upstate new york. glad you found your way to daves garden. this is a really great place to meet new friends and share knowledge. don't foreget to check out the other forums especially the recipe forum.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Welcome, slcdms!--You will find lots of 'hern heads' on the forums at DG to keep you company this winter. Have fun.

Ripley, MS

Thanks to all of you I am really excited about meeting you all, I did not know if I could say "Garden Web" or not. It had gotten to where I was almost afraid to post over there so many people getting kicked off.
I will definetly be checking out the recipies, I love to cook in the winter.
As for shring knoledge, I probably don't have much of that to give you all, but I sure need to soak up a LOT of it--lol.
Sandra

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Welcome to Dave'e Garden slcdms. Enjoy.
Rose318

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Welcome to DG's from a newbie in southern missouri. I am sure you will not regret "crossing the pond". lol... Best of luck to you... cya round.. Starr

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Let me add another welcome to DG! As a hemhead, you're in great company. We've had wonderful co-ops and secret trades this year that were so much fun!! The more the merrier, as far as participants.

Quick question - I sometimes visit GW, but nothing much ever seems to be going on as far as I can tell. I keep hearing about people getting kicked off, but my question is, how do you know? I'd know about me, but nobody else.

Ripley, MS

usually someone sends you a private e-mail when they get kicked off, you can not talk about it on the forum or you will get kicked off too. That is why I have been almost afraid to post much. I still look at the plant and seed trades all the time, but hardly ever post in the conversation area
Sandra

Crossville, TN

Welcome, Sandra....this is a great place to sit and chat....you'll make lots of new friends here. Jo

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Welcome sweetie, I know you will love it here.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

come on in the water fine every one extra nice good people im a little weird but their always one in group
tazzy =patty

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.