Ivan 's still alive!!!!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

He's back in Gulf... and going toward between texas and Louisiana... It's weak and hope it won't build into tropical storm or hurricane in couple of days..

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Looks like it will go north now and fizzle out.

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

Did I miss something???????
How did it get back in the gulf??????
Been so busy recovering, and not wanting to watch the weather channel anymore, I missed it.
How did this happen, I thought it went toward NC, etc., out into the Atlantic???????
Puzzled........

Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

A remnant of the original Ivan exited the Virginia coast, went out to sea, and started traveling southward. Then, as a 'disturbance,' he crossed over Florida and is traveling west through the Gulf of Mexico.

Ivan has now strengthened to a tropical storm and should make landfall sometime Friday -- perhaps either in Texas or extreme southwest Louisiana.

The storm is not strong and should produce only some gusty winds and some rain.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Yes, LSP you right.. Now we are getting lots of rain on the way!! Good thing, it's not Hurricane.. just nasty storm and lots of rain. We need RAIN!! Here, it's full cloudy and dark.. Our local news showed that we are getting over 50% of rain today and about 80% tomorrow.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

I don't know how near you are to the coast, but it looks like you are going to get PLENTY of rain.
Pati

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

I am about 26 miles to the coast.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Now it's Tropical Storm.... 60mph! Here, it is breeze but full of cloudy.. We are staying home..

Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

I haven't checked my Weather pages yet this morning to see where the storms are, but I woke up to gusty winds and some on-and-off rain.

Mini, I think the storm is closer to you now.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Yes it is.. Now it's raining!!!!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

http://hurricanetrack.com/

This message was edited Sep 23, 2004 2:27 PM

This message was edited Sep 23, 2004 2:30 PM

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Who ever heard of a hurricane clone? This is the weirdest year.

I've been busy here at home with tree trimmers removing all the limbs that hung over the roof. My two cottonwoods look positively emaciated now. But this winter's winds won't be bringing branches down.

Now I got to go look at Jeanne. ~Blooms

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Ivan made landfall in Cameron,La... about 26 miles from here.. Glad it was not bad storm.. hard windy or etc.. It;'s quietly and we got bad thunderstorm around 4 this morning. We will get some more rain today..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.