designing a valance

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

put your imagination caps on. I have 2" wooden blinds in my living/dining rooms 1943 cape cod. white. the tops are totally utilitarian, nothing attractive. I have been planning on a simple 13-15 " valance but now think I should have something else a little softer. I have to have the top 4-5 " of these blinds covered (from the sides and front)so think a straight cloth 5-6"valance made with maybe a soft colored stripe or? and then with this floral fabric I have for the windows do something like you see where the fabric is draped around the rod(valance) no sewing and drapes from the ends to maybe 10--15 "? If the top of these wooden blinds were attractive and not just iron hardware I could just hang a deco. rod and drape. I know this idea is not original but where to find it? I have little "eye" but know what I like when I see it; using someone elses God given talent.

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!