Spray for greenhouse

Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

Can anyone help me out with a type of bug spray for greenhouse? I do have a few plants inside would like to be able to spray with them in thereand then close up for winter.
Thanks for any help--oriole

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

I always use horticulture oil by ortho. It is concentrated. Its safe on a lot of plants. Read which plants cant handle it. Its great for white flies and spider mites which are the biggest problems in greenhouses in the fall. I am sure it gets rid of mealy bugs too.
You can use liquid 7 too.

cricket

North Scituate, RI(Zone 6a)

Has anyone tried an insecticidal bomb in the greenhouse (without removing the plants)? That seems like the fastest, most effective way to get everything. I have fuschia, gerbera and a few others that the white flies just LOVE, and I had a terrible problem all last winter with the white flies. I sprayed the plants almost every day, and I just couldn't get rid of the pests. (I was using an insecticidal soap, which may not have been strong enough). Any ideas on how to defeat the white flies?

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

I have used the bomb before---it did great----i only use it when the house is full. The bomb will burn some tendar foilage. Just check the directions.

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

I read on a manufacture's web site that Fuschia does not tolerate insecticidial soap well. This explains why our fuschia seedlings did not do well after being infected with whiteflies and then subjected to spraying with insecticidial soap. Insectidial soap kills adult whiteflies, but not the eggs. So, you must spray frequently to kill all of the new hatchlings.

Pyrethrins and Pyrethroids help to control Whiteflies, but they didn't really get rid of them completely when I used it.

What chemical is used in the "bomb"?

North Scituate, RI(Zone 6a)

Now that you mention it, my greenhouse Fuschia DIDN'T do that well -- I thought it was the white flies, but it may well have been the insecticidal soap. I'll switch to pyrethin and see what happens.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.