one of my favorites !!

Auburn Hills, MI(Zone 6a)

I just love this vine ! Love in a Puff,, I call it love in a poof

Thumbnail by cacolos

here is another pic of it

Thumbnail by cacolos
Mesilla Park, NM

I do too. Do you know that it is a perennial in warmer climates? I sure did not know that and was surprised when it came back on it's own this year. The seeds are cute too.

I wish it was here !! its loaded now,, i need to take more pics of it tomorrow

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

I also have this vine, die in winters, its seeds are really very cute.

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

cacolos why is there a corn cob in the pot? Is that some kind of fertilizer we should know about? LOL...........Love your vine it is different. Does it change color to an orangy tan?
:o)
Dee

actualy we feed the critters around here and they put it there and I never took out,, I have corn growing everywhere I dont want it to,, and millett thanks to the critters.. we use screws to put the cobs on so they dont steal them , but after ther done eating them we put in bucket and they take them out of there, its funny watching a tiny chipmunk carry the huge corn cob !! we made a 4 layer feeding station in the tree,, they love it

here is one I took today

Thumbnail by cacolos
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

We have a native vine that grows here in Texas that we call "pop weed". It looks about the same, but I've seen some seed in the store of "Chinese Lantern" that turns an orangy color before it seeds. Thats why I was asking, is it the same as I have or is it the Chinese Lantern?
:o)
Dee

the pods will trun brown but not orange,,

Mesilla Park, NM

Dee, this is also called Balloon Vine (cardiospermum halicacabum) and has the cutest seeds. They have a white heart embossed on the black seed. I have some seeds if you would like some. The leaves are like parsley leaves. Very dainty.

I just love them, tiny blooms and the seed pods are the puffs

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.