Have seeds of hot peppers from the Andes Mts.

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Hello! I'm just back from a short vacation in Arica, Chile's most northern city, right at the border with Peru and not far from Bolivia.

As promised, I collected some hot pepper seeds from the Altiplano. They grow/produce year round in this rather dry area with lots of sun.

This is what I have:

- Aji Negro (Black Chile Pepper). Large slim very dark peppers. They are said to be quite hot (25 seeds per trade)*

- Ají Locoto (or Rocoto) (Capsicum pubescens), the traditional red, very fleshy not too big roundish pepper. Very hot! (25 seeds per trade)*

- Ají Locoto (or Rocoto) (Capsicum pubescens), red jumbo size (look like small bell peppers). Very hot! (5 to 10 seeds per trade - only have a few)

- Ají Locoto (or Rocoto) (Capsicum pubescens), the yellow species. Very hot! (5 to 10 seeds per trade - only have a few)

- Ají Cacho de Cabra (Goat Horn) (Altiplano version with large slim bright orange peppers) Said to be very hot. (25 seeds per trade)

- I also have seeds of the regular Ají Cacho de Cabra that grows in the Central Zone where I live. Large slim peppers, deep/dark red when ripe and quite hot. (25 seeds per trade)*

* You can have more seeds of these species upon request/availability.

Let me know what you have for trading. Once I finish trading these seeds and if there are seeds left, I will be glad to send free seeds to subscribed members that have nothing to trade.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

I mail my seeds either in padded mailers or in non-tearable envelopes generously protected with bubble-wrap. Before putting the seed in their individual baggies I wrap them in aluminum foil in order to avoid all the rattle and shuttle, thus unnecessarily calling for some authority's attention. This does not apply to 'soft' seeds such as Clematis, etc. I kindly ask my traders to do the same and make sure the mailer is as even (flat) as possible. Otherwise, seeds coming in to Chile will be confiscated and burnt. If you have to use the green customs sticker, please DO NOT mention seeds ("collectibles" or something similar will be fine).

I take pride in sending very clean seeds. No dirt, no chaff. Please do the same for me. Thanks.

Unfortunately I did not supply these requirements to a Dave's Gardener that sent me Peter Pepper (would love to have some!) and the seeds were confiscated by our authorities and will be either burned or sent back to origin.

So, who's first?

Methuen, MA(Zone 6a)

Ursula,
I would be interested in trading with you but I don't think I have anything your interested in as I'm a veggie gardener. Could I pay you? Or are there any veggies your interested in? I grow mostly hot peppers, http://www.linuxis.net/gallery/chileman.

NorthEast_ChileMan

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Hi ChileMan!

I cannot access your web page. Could you please fix it so I can see it?

I still have some hot pepper seeds that I would be willing to trade for small seed baggies (preferably Glassine - alternative ziplock). I am not trading for seeds, because I have accumulated far more seeds than I will be able to sow in the next few years LOL.

Let me know via DG-mail.

Ursula

Methuen, MA(Zone 6a)

Your right, clicking on the link doesn't work. My picture gallery is:

http colon regular slash regular slash www dot linuxis dot net regular slash gallery regular slash chileman

My website is http://home.comcast.net/~thenortheastchileman/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

I have lot's of small glassine envelopes in two sizes that I use for bagging my seeds. Would be happy to send you a couple hundred for the hot pepper seeds. Will contact you via DG's mail.

NorthEast_ChileMan

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Hey, Ursala, it's ALWAYS a thrill to trade with you - we've done some fun trading 'tricks', huh? LOL Email me and let's do it again!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Urusula,
Do you have any more seeds left, for the peppers? I would love to try some of them...I can send you $ for postage...would that work?
Thanks,
Melva

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Melva, you got mail!

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Would love to try some of your pepper seeds ursula... is there any seed in particular you'd like? My brothers LOVE hot peppers, I'd love to grow some for them. I'm sure that I can package well enough to make it through to you.

Melissa

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Melissa, you got Dmail!

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Ursula, do you still have any seeds? I am new to DG and I see this thread started a while ago. I am originally from Panama, currently living in Los Angeles. I have tons of seeds for trade as well.

kanita

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Kanita, you got mail!

Capistrano Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I would LOVE peppers from the andes. are there any left? all my seeds are in my trade list or i can send postage/paypal.

scott

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Scott, you got mail!

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi would you happen to have any left?
we have seeds drying http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/82906/index.html
they will be ready very soon ,or we could send postage.
thank you, Pheadra
can post picture in the morning.

This message was edited Sep 22, 2005 11:43 PM

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi Ursula!

Are you looking for a particular type of seed? I have quite a collection of annuals and perennial seed this year. My trade page is not completely up to date.

If not, I have new seed size ziploc baggies to trade for any of these pepper seeds you might have left. Let me know how many you need for each type, etc.

My husband has grown out pepper plants from seed these last two summers and he is hooked!

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

georgiagardens3, you have mail.

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Sue, you got mail.

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

Ursula,
Do you still have some chile seed left?I would love to have some, but I don't think I have anything you need. I use hobby size ziplocks and not glassine envelopes. I may have a few Peter Pepper seed left(but they are 2004). I have already started all of my Plumeria seed. But otherwise will you do postage? And if you do still have seed available do you take Paypal?

Thank you

Kerrie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.