Country Home Products - DRŪ Wood Chipper

Chestertown MD, United States

I bought this product, my fourth from DR, during the Fall of 1999.

This is the first machine I bought which really caught my attention when reading the safety pages of the owner's manual. That first page inside, the one showing a "foot with no toes and blood gushing" and a "hand with no fingers and blood gushing", really got my attention.

I nicknamed this "farm animal, as I have most of my others, with the nickname "Killer".

I've been very rough on it, but it seems to be able to take it. I've left it out, exposed to Winter rains and our light snows.

Other than routine Spring and Fall oil & filter change (and spark plugs), the only parts I have had to buy for it is replacement chipper blades, twice. When the first set of replacement blades was installed, I wasn't happy with their performance. DR asked me to send the blades back to them (they credited me for shipping charges), because they wanted to do tests on them -- and they sent me a set of chipper blades to replace those I was returning (without shipping charges). As I recall, they even gave me an allowance toward my next purchase, to offset the cost of the labor for the second installation of chipper blades!

I've shredded 6-1/2" limbs (not dried out), sometimes as long as 10 - 15' in length. The non-dried wood does much better in the Chipper than those which have dried. They make better chips anyway. Nonetheless, "Killer" is up to the task of chipping very hard wood, just expect that you will have to change those blades more frequently if that is what you are chipping.

When doing you semi-annual maintenances on it, be sure to check for a "mouse nest" in the belt shroud.

As I recall, this produce comes equipped with electric start, only.

Walter "Jay" Gould
upper Eastern Shore of Maryland

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!