Country Home Products - DRŪ All Terrain Mower

Chestertown MD, United States

I bought this rascal in the Fall of 1998. It was the first of four products I have purchased from DR.

I've been very rough on it, but it seems to be able to take it. I've left it out, exposed to Winter rains and our light snows.

Other than routine Spring and Fall oil & filter change (and spark plugs), I haven't had to spend a dime on it for repairs. I needed a couple of small springs for it, and DR sent them to me without any charge. The "belt usage" has been exceptional. Even after several sharpenings, the original heavy brush blade is still in use, although I have one on hand in the event I can no longer sharpen the original.

This is one of what I laughingly call my "farm animals" -- it has the nickname of "Thunder".

It not only cuts down heavy, large weed growth, honeysuckle, bull briars, brambles, and saplings up to about 4" diameter. It climbs right up those little trees. It does leave a 2"+ stump, which I usually tackle with the "Beaver Blade" on my DR Trimmer Mower.

The single drawback I have found? If you've let it sit for a while in the Summer months, be sure to tap it a few times to locate the "wasp's nests". They seem to like to build a next under the front panel where you have motion control and throttle. (It took a week for the two stings to wear out of my body!)

Well made and rugged.

Be sure to consider the electric start models.

Walter "Jay" Gould
upper Eastern Shore of Maryland

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!