Gardens Alive Products?

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Bulls-Eye Bioinsecticide? Has anyone tried this?
[HYPERLINK@www.gardensalive.com]
I just hate the bad bugs, especially the caterpillars :(

I have a $25 off coupon, and wonder which product to try next.
Any other suggestions on how to spend free money is welcome :)

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Catepillars become butterflies! Catepillars are welcome in my garden. Butterflies are one of the benefits of gardening to most gardeners. :-)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Rarely do I see a cat in my garden that becomes a butterfly. They're usually june bugs and ugly moths that devour my flowers.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Moby, I was almost feeling guilty there (for about 1 minute!) I went ahead and ordered the stuff, so hope to let y'all know. BT just doesn't work fast enough, or something :(

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Don't feel bad for a moment! Those critters are just trying to survive, and so are my flowers. Somebody has to win, and I'm bigger and on the side of the flowers!
BTW, my son and I have grown several cats to adulthood; hawk moths and monarchs.

Fayette, IA(Zone 4b)

Posted on wrong thread - moved.

This message was edited Nov 5, 2004 7:50 PM

Thumbnail by MartyJo
Fayette, IA(Zone 4b)

Sorry, I got on the wrong thread. I have moved my posts, but don't know how to remove the pictures.

This message was edited Nov 5, 2004 7:52 PM

Thumbnail by MartyJo
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

LOL, that's OK. I don't think anyone minds. I was wondering where I had read this info -- so thanks for making your mistake!

Woodland Park, CO(Zone 4b)

here is some info for you

From UKY:
Bulls-Eye Bioinsecticide (spinosad) by Dow AgroSciences is now available through the Gardens Alive! Catalog (www.GardensAlive.com). This is the same naturally derived active ingredient as in Conserve SC and SpinTor.
EPA has classed this as a "reduced risk pesticide"

From DowAgro
Environmental Hazards
This product is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct spray on blooming crops or other vegetation. Avoid use when bees are actively foraging. Bee foraging and protective information may be obtained from your Cooperative Agricultural Extension Service. This product is highly toxic to aquatic invertebrates. Do not apply directly to water, to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwaters.

The above is for the active ingredient spinosad, not the inert ingredients in conserve.....

the general wanings are:
Adults, children, and pets should not contact treated surfaces until the spray has dried.
Do not treat pets.
Do not treat vegetable gardens.
Do not treat vegetables or fruit trees (transplants, seedlings, or mature plants).
Do not use in greenhouses or enclosed structures. Use of ConserveŽ in lath and shadehouses is permitted.
Do not graze livestock in treated areas.
Do not feed treated grass cuttings (hay) or seed screenings to livestock or use hay for livestock bedding.
Keep out of fish pools and other bodies of water.

You can find moe info here:
http://www.dowagro.com/turf/prod/spina.htm

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.