Thunbergia Grandiflora 'alba'

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

This is the first bloom this season(they bloom in Fall). I have it climbing on a martin house pole...
-seedpicker_TX

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX

Here is a look at its habit

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX
Floresville, TX(Zone 9a)

Very nice! I have the purple one, but it doesn't do very well here, my soil is too alkaline and it gets badly yellowed leaves (chlorosis, I think).

That is strange...our soil is a bit alkaline, too, and mine are green, green!
Maybe yours get too much water? My thunbergia collection are all big enough, that I let them take care of themselves(ie: no supplemental watering).
Maybe you are "loving" yours too much! lol..
-seedpicker_TX

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Very pretty!
I have a bed of Thunbergia Grandiflora "blue sky" & also "alba", as well as the Thunbergia togoensis. I just grew the alba this winter from seed, so no flowers yet, but I am anxiously waiting! I am just so fond of the thunbergias. I am gonna have to squeeze a few more species in that bed, cuz there are 2 more I want! LOL
My togoensis is blooming now & my blue sky bloomed in the Spring. I did not know the Alba bloomed in the Fall. Interesting. I sure wish they would do their thing all summer & at the same time. Greedy, aren't I? ;~)
Donna

Hi Donna!
Are you referring to the Thunbergia alata 'alba', or the Thunbergia grandiflora 'alba'??
By the way, I have a thunbergia collection. Which ones are you looking for?
-seedpicker_TX

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

I have a pot that has overwintered a couple of years that is full of the yellow, white, & sunrise suprise alatas. They refuse to die. LOL
But my in-ground T. bed is the grandiflora alba. I want the battiscombei & the Erecta. I have trades arranged already once the temps cool down, but thanks for the offer. If you don't have the togoensis and want some, remind me next month when it is done blooming and I will send you some cuttings. I find they are really easy to start, just takes about 8 weeks! LOL
What makes up your collection & when did your blue sky bloom this year?
Donna

PMP-I'm going to send you an email
Hubby is calling me off the computer, but I'll email you later! lol...
-seedpicker_TX

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

ok

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.