Offering Our Home As A Sanctuary

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

We're opening our home as a sanctuary to people evacuating from the Gulf Coast. We also have plenty of room for RV parking.

A niece, her husband, 2 children and 3 dogs are on the way, but there is room for more, plus we have 6 sleeping bags.

We live right on the TN/MS Stateline, 80 miles east of Memphis, TN (731) 376-0635.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

thank you, that is such a kind gesture.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

:-)

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

That is so nice of you! It is much appreciated and you never know, someone might take you up on it!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

What an angel :)

Susan McCoy

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Folks could all go on up to the KRU together.

Auburn Hills, MI(Zone 6a)

that just gave me the chills !! how nice of you ,,,

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

judy, wish I was up there right now!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I wish you were there too Connie!!!!!!!!!!!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Be safe. Stay safe Connie! :-)

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Thanks...we have made it this far......

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Too late anyway, silly! :-|

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Hey John, who you calling silly??????

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Glad you still have a sense of humor, weeds!

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Darius, the only way I can survive this world!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

My niece (from a prior marriage) and her family have returned to Gulf Coast, they were lucky in that they had NO storm damage. I hadn't seen them in 12 years so it was good to catch up and I believe the Good Lord had a reason for sending them to us.

Hampstead, NC(Zone 8a)

Judy, we did what you're doing when Fran came through here in NC. The truckers who worked 24/7 were a great bunch of people. All these guys were from miles away, and not just here for the money they could make to pay their mortgages, but because they wanted to help. The local motels were full, so many of us opened homes to them.
Our home is open too. And please, all of you who have power, offer these workers some coffee or whatever, because they're working their butts off to help you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.