Before they were named

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

This Hurricane wiped the town of Caminada off the face of the map. It is about 40 minutes from where I live.

http://www.leeric.lsu.edu/le/special/lost_la.htm

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

the path it took...eerie.

Thumbnail by justmeLisa
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Interesting story, Lisa, and sad about loss of communities. Hopefully with some better advance warning like we have now, fewer communities will suffer so much loss of life and communities can be re-built.

The great loss of life from the Galveston hurricane was due to no warning. Same from the FL storm in the 20's where Lake Okeechobee jumped the levees and drowned so many hundreds.

Pocola, OK(Zone 7a)

Lisa, I'm really worried about your decision to stay. Please have second thoughts about that.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Lisa, How high is that mountain in your yard?

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Have you got a large tree fort........ in a tree on top of that mountain in your yard?

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

You are not really staying are you?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

yes, as of right now we are staying. things could change in the a.m. It is such a hard call to make.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Lisa, think about having to evacute at the last minute and how difficult that will be!!!!!!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

yes, it would be.
I think we are going to be okay. We are right on the edge of things....

g'night all, I am off to bed. been a long day today.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

BTW, enjoyed the link.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Yes, Lisa, good link, how very sad.

I don't know what mountain everyone is referring to, but hope it offers you some protection.

Love and Prayers to all affected DGers,
Tamara

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Just got on the computer and noticed this forum. I know, I'm blind. Anyway, Lisa, how are you doing now? Jack has been watching Ivan on TV and sort of keeps me posted. He just now told me that LA isn't going to be hit afterall. He said it is scheduled to hit Mobile, Alabama just after midnight. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

thank you leaflady,
we are doing fine here. It is my MS/ALA/FLA friends that aren't doing so well. Please keep them in your prayers also.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.