For my next miracle...

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

I want to train as a lecturer at one of my local colleges. I would start with going after a PGCE (FE) first. Part-time this would take me several years. And maybe an MA in Education eventually. There's a post going at one of the local colleges, I intend applying for it. Learner support not lecturing, but it would get my foot in the door. An income too. The post specifies that you need to be a car-driver but I went for a walk on Saturday and came back with steam coming out of my ears. I have a poor left eye due to glaucoma. But why should that stop me, I thought? There's a shuttle bus that goes between the sites. And the college has a positive policy of employing people with disabilities. I rang their Personnel section first thing this morning and explained the problem, saying that I was a high-calibre candidate who would be a real asset to the college. Personnel told me to go in for it!!!

So I'm having a go!!!!!!! Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

yes!! yes!! yes!! indeed Diane, you should go for it...sounds more than promising now you have so much to look forward to. m

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

More YES! You are on a roll now! We are all behind you! Doris

Thank you all. My big problem is I left one post on health grounds (I have to declare it on their form), so they may not be interested in me. My application may go straight into the waste-basket. I'll have a go and then try to put it out of my mind.

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

Diane, if it is for you it is yours, I just believe this, do you believe in prayers..your believe in miracles don't you.....keep saying those prayers....m

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

Good luck with this Diane :)

Thank you all. I'm in the middle of writing it up. I will probaby hand deliver it sometime tomorrow. I have a class there tonight, I want to leave writing up my fine copy till after the class, in case I think of anything extra.

Good thinking.
And car driving or not shoudn't come into it!!!!!!! They're not employing you as a driver!!
Go for it - I'll be willing you onwards :)

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

Remember those prayers Diane, you have mine...blessings, marion

Yes, my hopes and prayers are with you! I will be waiting anxiously to hear what happens. Doris

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

Diane [ and girls] our wedding anniversary is coming up next week so I finally posted a ''thread'' [ way to go Brodie] was not as painful as I thought....it is listed [hmmn] under Milestones and Memories...or was it Memories and Milestones ?...anyways thought you may want to check it out...Thinking about you Diane, we are all with you ...m ....:)

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

Diane, hope you do not mind me posting this on your thread..was looking for Philomels threads but could not find any...
Well, I figured tonight who needs the jokes and chat...I was looking thru some old threads [ my life right now is B O R I N G] anyhoo I certainly did not have a boring time at all...in fact it was so much fun...I got right at the end of ''sloe gin making'' when whoosh..nothing ...what happened to that real nice person from my neck of the woods in Northumberland [ she was from Warkworth] and what happened to her sloe gin because it tasted so bad, and how about M in Northern Ireland..did anyone find out what the problem was...and what happened to all of that sloe gin ??? and where is he ??? THis is getting to be like a Masterpiece THeatre, or ''Mystery Playhouse or something..Not fair guys !!!! the last page is missing !!!! Can anyone tell me ????? m

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

ps I forgot to say please....

I was in touch with Southmede a little while ago and she still keeps up with another forum in the UK apparently, but isn't on DG any more I don't know why. Probably busy :)

This message was edited Sep 17, 2004 12:17 PM

I got my job application handed in earlier this afternoon. Think I made quite a good job of it. Okay, now I'll try to forget about it.

What plans do you have for the weekend? I'm hoping to go to Stokesley Show tomorrow. Weather looks a bit iffy but never mind. And then off to the North York Moors on Sunday, if the weather is fine, or even if it's not fine probably. My Moorsbus finishes at the end of October for the season, sigh. I never wrote up my jaunts from last weekend. All bout seeing Mrs Tiggywinkle at Preston Park on Saturday, or the excellent folk concert I saw at Hutton-le-Hole on the North York Moors on the Sunday. Been busy this week getting my CV up-to-date again, and starting new course.

My Internet access isn't as good as it used to be. The Internet link at Middlesbrough College has a firewall up that won't give me access to this forum! I miss you guys!!! I've logged on tonight to the public library - I can see you again!!!!

/act waves to her friends from Acklam Library!!!!

Cooee!!!!

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

MrsTiggywinkle sounds something out of a Beatrix Potter book ? was this a person you saw ??
have fun, and hope the weather holds....m

Oh please, do keep in touch. Some of us have gone through your ups and downs over the past year and we need to know what is going on with you so we can rejoice or worry, whatever is needed at the time! Meantime, I am sure we are all waiting with our sweaters and umbrellas, waiting for the next jaunt to start!

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

I hope we are not going to lose you, Northener, I'd miss you besides you are the life of this forum.
Maria

Hi Diane/ - waving back a bit late *g*

Hi everyone!!!! I was on jaunts at the weekend!!!! :)

On the public library today - so I can see you all!!! I'll still be looking in here, probably 3 or 4 times a week, just not every day. I'll have to think of cheap options for getting on a computer more often. I'm disappointed with the college computers. Not much software on them, not much more than MS Office really. And their floppy drives are often out of order, no CD drives (or very few), very few CD burners. There's a home space which one can use for storage. That's if one can find a spare computer available to get on and use it!!!!! Not as good as uni. :(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.