Recipes part 2

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Horseshoe, here is how I bbq the gator tails: When dad brought them home they were still round, with the bone in the tail. I would take the bone out, this left the meat flat. I would chop up parsley and green onions--lots of parsley, bell pepper and garlic. Put it on top of the tail meat and roll the meat in a "jelly roll" fashion. Secure the meat with a piece of string. Marinade the tail meat in the Italian dressing, with a little bit of soy sauce and hot sauce. Roll it up in the foil Let it set overnight. Put it on the grill with the foil still on. Let it cook for awhile. Then remove the foil and finish cooking. Different size meat takes different cooking times, so you are just going to have to keep an eye on it. When it is done, it turns a deep white color. Kind of like when you grill fish. It is very good, it taste just like..aligator! Bye! Lisa

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!