growing broccoli in pots

Clanton, AL(Zone 8a)

Has anyone tried growing broccoli in containers? I just bought some plants today and cant put them in the ground until this rain ends and the wind too. Does anyone have any suggestions in mind for doing this in containers? If not, i shall put them in the ground and eat to my hearts content when the broccoli and cauliflower comes in. I am hungry already. :) Robbie

It has to be possible bagby, have you gotten anywhere with this question yet? I'd be interested to know.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

i see no reason why you cannot do it. we all have planted tomatoes in containers and i'm sure it can be done. i don't grow broccoli at all but if you use the right size container, at least 5 gallon and plant it in a good potting mix which is made for containers you should have no problem at all. hope this helps.

Robbie, maybe your local garden centre can help you with the right potting mix and a watering and feeding schedule. And I think you're right herbie, a large and deep container would be a good idea.

Clanton, AL(Zone 8a)

Well i got out and put those plants in the ground this time. I havent been out in the garden since Ivan came thru but i did see the plants from our porch. They seemed to be doing well. Thanks, Robbie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.